The Chicago CFO Leadership Council
Thursday, April 13, 2017 @ 7:30 a.m.
7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. - Breakfast and Networking
8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. - Program
CFOs are frequently faced with the challenge of determining what their organization’s finance strategy should be. The objective of an organization’s finance strategy is to determine the appropriate capital and balance sheet structure and liquidity needed to enable the organization to pursue its strategy and weather any cash flow shortfalls. Frequently, some organizations move to strategy execution before properly aligning the finance strategy to the overall business strategy. This can hinder strategy execution or place the organization at a significant risk. Developing a viable finance strategy is a strategically critical role of the CFO.
Engage with a panel of CFOs and other advisors who will share their perspectives that CFOs can consider to develop their finance strategies. Key discussion topics will include:
- Why is having a finance strategy important? What value does it create for the organization?
- What are the key elements of a finance strategy?
- What are some common approaches for developing a strategy and who should be involved?
- How does one consider ‘risks to one’s strategy’ when developing a finance strategy?
- What are the trade-offs in maintaining high levels of debt or cash?
- When should excess cash be retained or paid out either to shareholders or to reduce debt?
- How often should one reconsider their organization’s finance strategy?
- What are the expectations of bankers or shareholders in terms of an organization’s finance strategy?
To register for this program, simply click on the tickets button above. All CFO Leadership Council members can attend this event for free. Non-member senior financial executives who are CFOs, Vice Presidents of Finance, Directors of Finance and Controllers (or the like) are welcome to attend this program for $50.
Please note that service providers or any executives who are not senior financial executives (CFOs, Vice Presidents of Finance, Controllers, Directors of Finance, etc.) will not be admitted attendance to this event. The CFO Leadership Council reserves the right to decline any registration.
More Information & Refunds:
For more information about this program or The CFO Leadership Council, please contact Emily Smith, Chicago Marketing Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to cancel your ticket or request a refund, please contact Emily Smith, Chicago Marketing Director, at email@example.com. Refunds are available up to 24 hours prior to the program.