We are the Film Makers of San Antonio group where we get together and create content for all kinds of mediums (shorts, festivals, Amazon, Vine, Instagram, etc).
This group was put together for the purpose of bringing people with experience, or without experience, together to create anything and everything and put it out there for the world to enjoy. If you are looking to break into the industry then this is a good place to start and if you already have experience but want to work with a group of people that create something on a regular basis then this is a good place to start.
Who are we looking for?
- People in front of the Camera (actors/actresses/extras)
- People behind the Camera (editors, crew, directors, producers, music editors, Sound, SFX, etc)
- Anyone that wants to get into the film making world
- Drone Camera Operators/Companies
- Professional Camera Operators (photographers, DPs, HD camera, etc)
Schedule of Meetings:
- 6:30 - 7:30pm: Introductions, networking, and Catch up
If you have equipment like HD cameras and sound equipment then bring that with you and we can use it to create some great stuff. It should be noted that everyone in the beginning will be volunteering their time but with enough effort we can turn it into a program that makes money.
We encourage people while they are attending each meeting to be using their social media accounts to post updates to their followers. You can snap a behind the scenes shot of someone else working, or post a photo to instragram of some actors performing.
Be sure to register and come join us for a fun evening of film making the way it should be.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
No, as long as you have an interest in making movies then you can join this group. If you are under 13 then your parent needs to be present while you are helping out.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
The resturant has a parking lot next to it.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
Things to bring:
- Postive Attitude
- Desire to Create Content
- Your Social Media Accounts (Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Vimeo, Snapchat, YouNow, etc) They are all free to create and post on.
- Film making equipment (HD camera, sound equipment, goPros, anything else that would help)
Things not to bring:
- Negative Attitude
- Crying Babies
- Lack of Interest
- Zika/Ebola Virus
How much does it cost to join?
Right now it is free to join but there will soon be a cost later on for those that want to join, just like a membership fee. If you are thinking about joining then do it now otherwise there will be a cost later on.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
If you have quesitons please email us using the contact organizer link.