We're not a women's conference, but a business event about the importance of diversity to creativity. Men and women from the worlds of advertising, marketing, PR, tech, non-profits and more come together for two days of inspirational keynotes, themed master classes, informative panels and networking. Together, we are making a difference in upping the numbers of women and people of color in creative leadership.
This year we're changing up the format so that every attendee will self-select one of four tracks to follow for the majority of day one of the conference: Manbassadors; Emerging Talent; Creative Directors; or HR/Talent. This will enable us to go deeper with helpful content for different groups of attendees, and allow for more time for hands-on learning, Q&A, and sharing from legendary leaders. Day two will be more TED-style inspirational speakers with just a few panel discussions in the mix. We will continue our student scholar program and will introduce a scholarship for ten freelance creatives to attend the 2016 event free of charge.
Track options include:
Creative Director Track
For those in CD roles, especially newly minted CDs, you will discover ways to unleash genius from your entire team, to deepen relationships with clients, how to supplement your copywriters and art directors with non-conventional hires that drive innovation... and more.
Emerging Talent Track
For up-and-coming copywriters and art directors, plus students, this track will teach you invaluable skills like Negotiation, Presentation Skills, How to demand a better brief, keys to fruitful partnerships from some legendary creative duos, and how seemingly unrelated things can combine into 1+1=3 ideas. Students are entitled to a 40% discount which will be issued after registration and proof of current enrollment in an advertising/marketing program. We will also be hosting 20 student scholars through Adobe's sponsor program (competition will be announced in summer, 2016).
Men who champion diversity are key drivers of creativity and profitability in their agencies and companies. Challenge yourself to make 2016 the year you drive change in new ways through novel things ranging from overhauling your social media following to embracing research that challenges hiring/promoting practices to simply hearing from other men how transformative their actions have been.
What does the future of recruiting look like? From scientific approaches to work/life balance to parental leave to radical ideas like banning salary negotiations, we will explore the most cutting-edge way agencies and companies are getting more creativity out of their people.
Our full agenda is here, and confirmed speakers include:
- Adam Grant, Wharton Professor, NY Times columnist and author of NY Times bestseller "Originals: How Non-Conformists Move the World"
- Nilofer Merchant, Fellow, The Martin Prosperity Institute and Author of upcoming book "Onlyness: Make Your Ideas Powerful enough to Dent the World"
- Will Chau, Creative Director, GSD&M + Founder of Austin Creative Department
- Cindy Gallop, Founder, MakeLoveNotPorn
- Madonna Badger, CCO, Badgers and Winters
- John Zissimos, CCO, Salesforce
- Jeff Goodby, Co-Chairman + Partner, Goodby Silverstein
- Dave Lubars, Chairman/CCO, BBDO
- Steve Almond, Essayist, Co-Host of "Dear Sugar" Podcast
- Tim Allen, President, North America, Wolff Olins
- Susan Credle, Global CCO, FCB
- David Shing, Digital Prophet, AOL
- Matt Anderson, CEO/ECD, Struck
- Kelly Frederickson, SVP, Enterprise Marketing, Bank of America
- Sedef Onar, Chief Talent Officer, 72andSunny
- Capt. David Smith, PhD, United States Naval Academy
- Marty Muller, SVP Global Creative, Disney
- Jack Myers, Author, "The Future of Men"
- Lori Senecal, Global CEO, CP+B
- Jaime Robinson, Co-Founder, JOAN Creative
- Bonnie Wan, Director of Strategy, Associate Partner, Goodby Silverstein
- Leslie Wingo, President/CEO, Sanders\Wingo
*Refund Policy: No refunds will be issued after October 1, 2016. Tickets will still be transferable to another party, or can be donated to offer a student free admission. Please email us directly to transfer or donate your ticket.