Join chef Andrew Gerson (chef and head of culinary programming, Brooklyn Brewery), chef Adam Dulye (Brewers Association), and Julia Herz (Brewers Association) for a day of exploration and hands-on eduction in Williamsburg! Wake up with Brooklyn bagels and coffee, tour the Brooklyn Brewery, explore Williamsburg's local food businesses, enjoy an intimate beer-centric paired meal at Brooklyn House Kitchen, and end the day at The Shanty at NY Distilling Co. for an intimate tour and tasting.
9:00am: Insiders Tour of Brooklyn Brewery
- Begin with bagels and coffee at Brooklyn Brewery
- Beer 101, and insiders tour of the Brewery with Adam Dulye (Brewers Association) and
- The history of brewing in Brooklyn, and other Brooklyn facts
- How to make a draft menu, and find craft beer for your restaurant
- Craft beer marketing
11:00am: Walking Tour of Williamsburg
- Bedford Cheese Shop
- The Meat Hook
12:00pm: Intimate Lunch at Brooklyn House Kitchen, featuring a beer-centric paired meal
- Guided tasting and lunch featuring a hands-on intimate exploration of creating a beer-centric paired meal
2:00pm: Tasting and tour at The Shanty/NY Distilling Co.
- Tasting and tour with co-founder of the Brooklyn Brewery, Tom Potter
- Finish the tour with craft cocktails
3:00pm: Travel back to NYU Kimmel Center for Summit registration, evening program
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
Yes, all participants must be 21+.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
We will meet at Brooklyn Brewery by 9:00am on Sunday, April 10th (feel free to arrive early)!