FHBA-FMA Code/Mitigation Training Session
FREE 7 CEUS
FHBA and the Fenestration Manufacturers Association have teamed up to provide seven hours of continuing-education and instructor-led training at no charge to participants.
The courses will be tailored to the building community, specifically, residential contractors, general contractors, municipal and county building officials, dealers, installers, architects and engineers. The training will include a “hands-on” demonstration of a proper window installation utilizing a mock-wall. Construction Contractors Earn CEUs.
The approved courses that will be offered include:
Ø Significant Changes--2010 Florida Building Code, Module 2 (Residential Code), Earn 1 CEU (Advanced Building Code)
Ø Advanced Mitigation Retrofit, Earn 2 CEUs (earn credit for Wind Mitiagation Methodologies, Advanced Builidng Code or General) 2- hour course
Ø Standard Practice for Installation of Windows with Flanges or Mounting Fins in Wood Frame Construction (FMA/AAMA 100-07), 1- hour course
Ø Standard Practice for the Installation Windows with Frontal Flanges for Surface Barrier Masonry Construction for Extreme Wind/Water Conditions (FMA/AAMA 200-09), 1- hour course
Ø Standard Practice for the Installation of Non-Frontal Flange Windows with Mounting Flanges for Surface Barrier Masonry Construction for Extreme Wind/Water Conditions (FMA/WDMA 250-10), 1- hour course
Ø Standard Practice for the Installation of Exterior Doors in Wood Frame Construction for Extreme Wind/Water Exposure (FMA/WDMA 300-11), 1- hour course
Wellington Community Center, 12150 Forest Hill Boulevard, Wellington, Florida
Metro Orlando HBA, 544 Mayo Avenue, Maitland
Kimal Lumber Event Center, 11184 Hughey-Kimal Drive, Venice
(Lunch provided by Kimal Lumber Yard)
Citrus County Builders Association, 1196 South Lecanto Highway 491, Lecanto
Northeast Florida Builders Association, 103 Century 21 Drive, Suite 100, Jacksonville
NOTE NEW LOCATION
Holiday Inn - North Monroe at I-10 and US-27, 2725 Graves Rd Tallahassee FL 32303
(Lunch provided by FMA)
December 1st--Fort Walton Beach
Building Industry Association of Okaloosa-Walton, 1980 Lewis Turner Boulevard, Fort Walton Beach
8:00- 8:25 Sign In
8:25 - 8:30 Welcome:
Recognition of Department of Emergency Management Sponsorship (DEM)
Welcome from Florida Home Builders Association (FHBA)
Welcome from Fenestration Manufacturers Association (FMA)
8:30 - 9:20 Standard Practice for the Installation of Exterior Doors (1 hr)
9:20 - 10:10 Standard Practice for the Installation of Non-Frontal Flange Windows(1 hr)
10 Minute Break
10:20 - 11:10 Standard Practice for the Installation of Windows with Frontal Flanges(1 hr)
11:10 - 12:00 Standard Practice for the Installation of Windows with Flanges or Mounting Fins in wood Frame Conversion(1 hr)
12:00 - 1:00 Break
1:00 - 2:40 Advanced Mitigation Retrofit (2 hr)
20 Minute Break
3:00- 3:50 Significant Changes to the 2010 Florida Residential Code (1 hr)
A confirmation letter will be sent to you via email with directions to download the course materials. Please note that the materials are over 160 pages and can be saved to your computer instead of printing. No materials will be available on site.
You Must Register To Attend
For additional information please contact:
FHBA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Florida Home Builders Association
FACTS ABOUT THE FLORIDA HOME BUILDERS ASSOCIATION
- Established in 1949, the Florida Home Builders Association (FHBA) represents the interests of Florida’s home building, remodeling and commercial construction industry.
- FHBA’s governmental affairs and legal action programs, along with its Political Action Committee, are designed to promote and protect homeownership opportunities throughout Florida.
- FHBA produces and sponsors the annual Southeast Building Conference (SEBC) – the largest regional building industry trade show and education conference in the South.
- FHBA provides continuing education for Florida licensed contractors to assure members stay on top of changing technologies and regulations, and to promote safe, high-quality housing for Floridians.
- FHBA promotes construction training through the Florida Construction Institute, the National Association of Home Builders’ Home Builders Institute, and partnerships with Florida’s regional workforce boards.
- FHBA keeps members abreast of important industry news through its weekly FHBAction News e-newsletter, produces a bi-monthly award-winning magazine, Florida HomeBuilder, and offers a variety of home building information to its members and the public on www.fhba.com.
- Through its wholly-owned subsidiary Florida Home Builders Insurance (www.fhbi.com), FHBA provides its members cost-effective coverage for general liability, commercial auto umbrella liability, builders’ risk, renovation and vacant property, contractors’ equipment, home warranty, project wraps, miscellaneous errors and omissions and bonds, and more.
- Each year, FHBA awards the construction industry’s most prestigious honors when it names the Builder, Associate, and Remodeler of the Year winners.
- FHBA’s Foundation and its Future Builders of America educational program helps teens understand and pursue rewarding careers in the home building industry and related trades. Additionally, the Foundation awards higher education scholarship to students pursuing a degree in the construction industry.
Please note the location to the Tallahassee Event on November 17 has been moved. The NEW location is as follows:
Holiday Inn at North Monroe (I-10 and US-27)
2725 Graves Rd, Tallahassee FL 32303
Wellington Location has now opened with an available addition of 50 seats.
NO Materials will be available on site. Your must bring your own copies- to download the course materials please use the following links.
Please note that the materials are in excess of 150 pages. You can print or save to your computers/laptops.