San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
ALL SEATED TICKETS SOLD OUT as of November 13, 2012. General Admission is available.
Fashion & Lifestyle Awards Night of Stars Gala 2012
Please join co-chairs Maxine Trowbridge, Founder/CEO of PinkMemo and Chuck Steelman, Special Events Manager, Neiman Marcus Corporation, as Fashion Group International of Dallas honors the following honorees for their leadership and contributions in the fashion and lifestyle industries on Friday November 16, 2012 at the Dallas Market Center Trade Mart's Grand Pavilion. At this gala, Brian Bolke, co-founder of Forty Five Ten and Meredith Musselman of the Shelly Musselman Foundation, will present the $10,000 scholarship to the winner of the Shelly Musselman Design Award.
Mistress of Ceremony: Victoria Snee
Fashion Production: Jan Strimple Productions
Career Achievement Awards
Sue Wade, Founder of Wade College, Honoree of Lifetime Achievement Award in Fashion Education
Lela Rose, Designer/President, Lela Rose Design, Honoree of Career Achievement in Fashion
Terri Provencal, Editor-in-Chief, PATRON Magazine, Honoree of Career Achievement in Media
Rising Stars Awards
Fashion Design: Khanh Nguyen | Nha Khanh
Fine Art: Bret Slater
Interior Design: Beth Dotolo, Carolina Gentry | Pulp Design Studios
Accessories: Angela Scott | The Office of Angela Scott
Fine Art Photography: Alex Remington
SHELLY MUSSELMAN DESIGN AWARD: Cassandra Bumpous | UNT
Special thanks to: The Musselman Family - Shelly Musselman Design Award: $10,000.
Philanthropic Fashion Police 2012
Julia Andalman, Robyn Chauvin, Dallas Dillon, Shay Geyer, Gina Ginsburg, Norma Johnson, Hanh Merriman, Toni Munoz-Hunt, Ken Powers, Elizabeth Showers and Michael Wilson.
Icon Sponsor (10,000 Sponsorship):
Muse Sponsor (5,000 Sponsorship):
Silent Auction Sponsor:
Dallas Market Center
Scholarship Award Winner Sponsor:
Forty Five Ten
HOST COMMITTEE: Judy Aldridge, Brian Bolke, Serena Cole, Tina Craig, Bri Crum, Heidi Dillon, Dera Enochson, Abi Ferrin, Farrah Fleurima, Jennifer Galliher, Dana Kale, Scott Kehn, Meghan Looney, Pamela Martin Duarte, Katy Messersmith, Brian Moos, Jennifer Murray, Meredith Musselman, Lauren Musselman, Tia Pettijohn, Susan Posnick, Shelly Rosenberg, Renee Rouleau, Rhonda Sargent Chambers, D’Andra Simmons, Leesa Smith, Susie Straubmueller, Amy Vanderoef, Debra Varden, Cathy Veith, Alison Volk, Cathy Williamson.
SPECIAL THANKS TO: Ashley Mattocks – Graphic Design, Veronica LeBourgeois – Program Book, Amy Power, Jennifer Burns
EVENT COMMITTEE: Donna Bender, Apryl Churchill, Marie Conners-Lavigne, John Conte, Arthur Freeman, Esther Morales, Lisa Petty, Kristen Radakovich, Ann Schultz, Jennifer De Socarraz, Jason Stanford, Susanne Taylor.
REGIONAL DIRECTOR: Jenny Siede
When & Where
The Fashion Group International of Dallas Inc.
FGI mission statement:
- The Fashion Group International is a global, non-profit, professional organization with 5000 members in the fashion industry including apparel, accessories, beauty and home.
- The FGI mission is to be the pre-eminent authority on the business of fashion and design and to help its members become more effective in their careers. To do this, FGI provides insights on major trends in person, online and in print; access to business professionals and a gateway to the influence fashion plays in the marketplace.
the goals of the organization are:
- To advance professionalism in fashion and its related lifestyle industries.
- To provide a public forum for examination of important, contemporary issues in the business of fashion. To present timely information regarding national and global trends that have an effect on the fashion industries.
- To attain greater recognition of men’s and women’s achievements in business.
- To encourage men and women to seek career opportunities in fashion and related industries.
- To provide activities and programs which enhance networking skills and encourage interpersonal contacts so as to further the professional, social and personal development of members.
THE FASHION GROUP foundation:
The mission of the Foundation is:
- To promote educational programs devoted to fashion and to the study of fashion related businesses through the creation and awarding of scholarships; establishment of internship programs; provision of career counseling services. Organization and sponsorship of seminars and other educational activities on a national and worldwide basis.
- To sponsor public service activities in which the fashion industry works, to serve relevant community needs and concerns and to stimulate and encourage membership and industry participation in such public service activities.