San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- Understanding your Federal Benefits both now and in retirement.
- Calculating the FERS Pension Benefit and how it fits into your financial portfolio.
- The Benefits of Saving in the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP), and/or the Roth TSP. We will discuss compounding interest, diversification and rebalancing.
- The Pros and Cons of Federal Employee Group Live and Federal Long Term Care Insurance Programs. We will also discuss life insurance as a whole, the different options, and considerations.
- Federal Employee Health Benefits, the Flexible Spending Account and Strategies for Keeping your Federal Health as a retiree.
- You will learn the value of your federal employee benefits and this course is designed to help you make the most of them.
Presenters: Michael Nakashima, Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) and Chartered Federal Employee Benefits Consultant (ChFEBC). Lauren Brown, Financial Planner. Mike and Lauren have been training federal employees nationally since 2007 on the subject of maximizing their federal employee retirement benefits. As a CFP® and ChFEBC Mike is able to show you the value of your benefits from a financial planner and federal benefits expert’s perspective. Mike & Lauren have been hired by the MN FEB as an instructor to educate participants on planning for your future & retirement. This program is for educational purposes only and no financial services or products will be presented.
Lunch: Lunch is not provided. There are eating establishments nearby or you can bring your own lunch. The training facility has a refrigerator and microwave that attendees can use.
Reasonable Accommodation: Please notify the FEB at (612) 713-7200 or email Andria_Stegeman-Horwitz@ios.doi.gov if you have requested a reasonable accommodation from your agency.
Advisory Services offered through Investment Advisors, a division of ProEquities, Inc., a Registered Investment Advisor. Securities offered through ProEquities, Inc., a Registered Broker/Dealer, and member FINRA and SIPC. Innovate Financial, Inc. is Independent of ProEquities, Inc..