Costa will share insights on the political and personal dynamics that are shaping the relationships between Trump's White House and congressional leaders. How do key figures like Jared Kushner and Steve Bannon fit in that world? What about Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate minority leader Chuck Schumer? How does ideology shape Trump's agenda and what does that mean for the future of Republican legislation, and how congressional leaders are framing their priorities?
IOP Visiting Fellow, National Political Reporter at The Washington Post Robert Costa will look at these questions and more in this students-only, off the record seminar.
This seminar is part of “America in the Trump Era,” the IOP’s look at the changes - cultural, policy, media and otherwise - coming under a Trump administration.
- This seminar is open to students only.
- Registration is required. However, seating is limited on a first come, first serve basis; capacity in the IOP Living Room is 45.
- This event is off the record and closed to press.
- Doors will open 30 minutes before the event begins. Any unclaimed seats will be released 10 minutes before the event begins. Please arrive early to claim your seat. If you can no longer attend, please cancel your ticket order on Eventbrite so others may register.
- This venue is physically accessible and has gender-neutral restrooms. Please contact the Institute of Politics at email@example.com or 773-834-4671 with any questions or accommodation requests.
- To add this event to your calendar, see the "When & Where" box at the upper right, click "Add to my calendar," and choose among the options (Outlook, Google, iCal, Yahoo).