Feed ‘Em Fridays: Birthday Bundles
Friday, December 9 at 6:30 PM
Every single day, in our backyard, someone doesn’t have enough to eat, is homeless, or will go without warm clothing. But, there’s something YOU can do about it. Our popular Feed ‘Em Fridays from last year returns and will again focus on one project each month that will help feed the bodies, minds, and spirits of those in need. We will work and then we will welcome Shabbat and enjoy dinner together and still have time to attend services. Supplies are needed!
A child’s birthday is such a wonderful time to celebrate…a little cake, a few candles, gifts to surprise and delight, and the joy of being surrounded by family and friends! But, what happens to the children whose families cannot afford even the simplest of celebrations? When you are homeless or your parents are struggling to pay the rent, when choices need to be made about whether milk will be in the fridge or the electric bill will be paid, there just isn’t enough left over for a birthday cake and certainly not enough for a present or two.
Here at Temple Rodef Shalom, we know how to party! Let’s box up that party spirit and deliver it to a child just in time for his or her birthday!
This month, we will box up Birthday Bundles for all children eligible for the programs of Northern Virginia Family Services. We’ll package cake mix, frosting, candles, a small toy or book, and handmade cards.
- If you are unable to attend this program, we are happy to accept donations of any of the goods listed on the shopping list below. Please bring them to the Temple Office.
- Indicate on the questionnaire after you register for dinner how many packs you'd like to bring.
- You may also ship items via Amazon attention Cookie Mandell to the Temple.
We will only have one “pack” this month - Please contribute 2 or MORE of EACH of the items below:
- box of cake mix
- small toys/gifts (e.g. short chapter book, mini cars, bubbles, etc.)
- Dinner is free but we ask that you bring at least one pack from the list below.
- If you and your family can contribute multiple packs, it would be very helpful.
- Donations to subsidize the dinner are also welcome but optional and may be done so by entering an amount on this registration site (please do still register for dinner if you make donation so we have a headcount for dinner).
Let’s roll up our sleeves…and make our corner of the world a little better.
Contact: Cookie Mandell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email us if you need any accommodations to participate in this event.