February SVLG Environment Committee Meeting
Wednesday, February 13, 2013 from 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM (PST)
Santa Clara, CA
Join your peers for networking, a stimulating discussion on green supply chains and an overview of CA environmental legislation at the February SVLG Environment Committee meeting!
February 13 SVLG Environment Committee Meeting Highlights
- Green Supply Chains – We expect there will be legislation in 2014 in California to encourage the greening supply chains. Join us for a discussion on how the Leadership Group can help to influence this process.
- Special guest: We will be joined by Patricia Jurewicz, Director, Responsible Sourcing Network, who will give her perspective in terms of the various problems and opportunities to green global supply chains.
- CA Legislation – The 2013 legislative session is underway. Join us for a discussion of what we can expect in 2013, plus review and action on various bills.
- 1:30pm -- Coffee and conversation
- 2:00 -- Introductions
- 2:05 -- Overview of current legislative session & politics in Sacramento
- 2:20 -- Review draft legislation, including:
- AB 158 (Levine)
- AB 115 (Perea)
- AB 118 (Committee on Env Safety & Toxics)
- SB 34 (Rubio)
- 2:50 -- Green Supply Chains
- Invitation to work with CA Legislature -- Mike Mielke
- Presentation & Q&A -- Patricia Jurewicz, Director, Responsible Sourcing Network
- Closed committee discussion -- Bruce Klafter
- 3:50 -- Open forum
- 4:00 -- Adjourn