This comprehensive 4 week course on bike tune-ups will focus on a significant aspect of what makes the bicycle function at its best. You will gain a practical level of knowledge and mechanical skills, not to mention some dirty hands.
Classes will be held:
The class will be hands-on and will require your own bike. Prior to the class, we will complete a free assessment on your bike to determine if parts are needed. You will learn all of the things a professional mechanic does during the course of a normal tune-up. These include the following:
- Aligning wheels
- Adjusting bearings in the hubs, headset, and bottom-bracket.
- Installing and adjusting wheels
- Installing and adjusting brake calipers (including pads into carriers)
- Installing and adjusting derailleurs
- Installing shift and brake cables
Classes will be held for four Wednesdays in February and the length of each class is 2.5 hours, from 7:00 to 9:30 pm. The cost of the entire course is $400, which includes a copy of Park Tool's Big Blue Book of Repair.