- Receive valuable networking opportunities with other businesses (nationwide), property owners and residents.
- Strengthen your opinion through the support of a strong organization.
- Enjoy publicity and events that bring people and customers to your business.
- Receive design guidelines that help your building attract more patrons.
- Enjoy the opportunity to influence the direction of our Old Town.
- Be kept abreast of what is happening through community forums, newsletters, events and conferences.
- Access exclusive information from OTNA, the National Trust and the CDA.
- Be a part of historic preservation.
As a member of both the National Trust Main Street Program and the CDA, OTNA benefits from their knowledge and experience.
National Trust Main Street Program
Established in 1980, the National Trust Main Street Program has helped downtown associations like OTNA generate more than $17 billion in investment, with a net gain of more than 231,000 new jobs and more than 57,000 new businesses. Nationally, every dollar a community uses to support its local four-point program results in roughly $40 in new investment.
For more information visit: mainstreet.org
California Downtown Association
One of the strongest downtwon organizations in the country, the CDA was established in 1971. Committed to the long-term preservation and prosperity of business districts, it helps facilitate the exchange of information and lobbies at the state and local levels for statewide improvement programs and local funding.
For more information visit: californiadowntown.com
In the past five years, OTNA has made strides in developing Old Town Newhall's culture and commerce.
- Bringing people downtown with events such as parades and the Street Arts Festival
- Organizing community clean-up days prior to major downtown events
- Hosting an annual fundraiser/community event, complete with hayrides, country music, saloon, stagecoach rides and games
- Publishing newsletters distributed throughout the community that provide up-to-date information on events and happenings
- Opening the doors of communication for the downtown area
- Creating a unified voice among merchants, property owners and residents
- Hosting important community forums (some bilingual)