San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Chicago ISSA Chapter invites you to join us for our monthly chapter meeting. This month's meeting will feature Robert Eggebrecht, President and CEO, BEW Global. Mr. Eggebrecht will present "Building a Security Program that Protects an Organization’s Most Critical Assets – A Different Approach".
This month's meeting will be held at the Rosewood Restaurant in Rosemont. Free valet parking is available at the venue. Complimentary hors d'oeuvres and refreshments will be served.
Please register in advance as space is limited.
Topic Abstract: Organizations are swimming in data and becoming more interconnected with partners and vendors on the “Global Electronic Nervous System” every day. Because of that, companies need to plan, implement and maintain a Critical Asset Protection Program that clearly defines what assets are deemed most important to the organization based on revenue, income, reputation and core operational impact. Join BEW Global as they discuss the step-by-step process and methodology to building a risk-based, cost-effective program that has been very successful for organizations of all sizes spanning a broad spectrum of industries.
Specific topics discussed will include:
- Measuring an organizations information and network security initiatives current capability and maturity to the Security Continuum.
- Getting executive level management into the discussion and making them part of the Critical Asset Protection Program (CAPP).
- Finding agreement across the business on what are the most important assets to protect and should be deemed a “Critical Asset”
- Building and prioritizing the CAPP scope and creating a milestone based program that business leaders are part of the program measurement.
- Optimizing the CAPP leveraging the right combination of People, Process and Technology
Speaker: Robert Eggebrecht - President and CEO
With over 20 years of experience heading up major initiatives for leading organizations around the globe, Rob’s knowledge and understanding of business development, information security and global product and service launches is extensive. Prior to founding BEW Global, Rob was an integral part of several high-technology businesses offering solutions including enterprise business applications, communications and information security. He held positions with TicketMaster, Qwest, Level 3 Communications, Gemplex and Virtela, working domestically throughout the US as well as internationally on assignments in Tokyo, London and Denmark. In these positions Rob was primarily focused on corporate finance, product management, business development and technology based service delivery. He holds a degree in International Business from the University of Denver and management certificates from Georgetown and Stanford University. Rob is an active member in the ISO 27000 community and successfully completed the ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Course and exam.