As always, our monthly event kicks off with networking from 4:30 to 5, we'll have an hour long presentation and Q&A, then another half hour of hang around time. Hope to see you there!
Although we usually hold events on the second Tuesday of the month, this month we are switching to Monday, February 13 due to Valentines day.
Ask The Experts
Even more helpful than our often imitated “Hot Seat”, where general SEO reviews are performed live, this event will be quite different.
We’ll have tables set up on various topics, with an expert at each table to answer any and all questions you might have. Semi-private consulting advice about whatever topic you want.
This meeting will be fully interactive, and there will be no speakers, no Powerpoint slides, and no fluff. You’ll simply go from table to table and either ask your own questions, learn from the questions of others, or even share some of what what you know.
107 SE Washington Street, Suite 520
Portland, OR 97214
AboutUs.org is the world’s largest website directory, and has been helping website owners improve their Web presence since 2006. Their affordable website report, created specifically for small business owners, works equally well as a prospecting and reporting tool for marketing agencies.
Bring a Pen & Notepad
Confirmed Topics and Expert Table Leaders:
- Pay Per Click – Todd Mintz who has been with PPC Associates since March 2011, has over 10 years of experience in search marketing and has used Google AdWords since it began. He also is very visible in the SEM social media space and is a curator/contributor at MarketingLand. He was one of the founding members of SEMpdx (Portland’s Search Engine Marketing Group), is a current board member, and writes regularly on their blog.
- On-page SEO & site structure – Michael Cottam has been focused on SEO in the travel industry in his own businesses since 2001, and for the past couple of years has been an associate at SEOmoz, answering SEO questions in the Private Q&A section from SEOmoz subscribers. In addition to his SEO consulting business, Michael has recently launched Visual Itineraries, a marketing tool for travel agents that is based on rich content, search, and social media. Michael is a current board member of SEMpdx. Specific areas of expertise: on-page SEO, link profiles and penalties, subdomains, image search, and the latest Google ranking factors.
- International SEO – Anne Kennedy has more than forty years of experience in marketing and public relations, and has been in the search industry since 1997. She is the founder Beyond Ink, Helium.com & Joblr.net, and she speaks regularly at the SES conference series. Her new book about global Search Engine Marketing should be available by this event, so maybe she’ll have some signed copies to share!
- Panda and Content – Writing for SEO & Social Media – Heather Lloyd-Martin has had a 13-year SEO copywriting career, teaching thousands of people around the world how to make more money by learning how to write for search engines. She’s worked with everyone from small businesses owners to search engines and Fortune 50 companies, and will be at your disposal this evening.
- Competitive Analysis – Kim Toomey has been a part of the Anvil team since 2007, and has a wide range of knowledge regarding the best tools for the job when it comes to competitive analysis – including researching competitors for PPC, display advertising, SEO and general on-site factors. She will be prepared with tools such as Compete, SEMRush, SpyFu, SEOMoz Pro tool suite, Google AdPlanner and more.
- Social Media – Aliza Earnshaw, does business development at AboutUs Inc., which provides Internet marketing products and services for small business. She works with entrepreneurs and marketing folks to help them establish a voice for their company in social media and across the Internet.
The board members and advisory board members of SEMpdx will be manning each table, and each will have a laptop available, armed with their wits and their favorite tools.
Got a question about a particular aspect of search? This is the place to bring it, where you’ll get one-on-one help about any subject you can imagine. Don’t miss this one!
Note: Buying an event ticket opts you into the SEMpdx email list
When & Where
Search Engine Marketing Professionals of Portland
is a non-profit organization based in Portland, Oregon whose mission is to inform and educate area businesses on the benefits of SEM to bottom line revenue.