Actions and Detail Panel
"Featherweight Frenzy": Nova Montgomery + Pam and JC Elliott
Thu, June 22, 2017, 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM CDT
"Featherweight Frenzy" at International Quilt Study Center & Museum celebrates all things related to the petite workhorse sewing machines made by Singer from the 1930s to the 1960s.
One "Featherweight Passport" ticket ($125) entitles you to all of the following:
• A full-day "Featherweight Maintenance Workshop" by acclaimed expert Nova Montgomery on Thursday, June 22 OR Saturday, June 24; includes museum admission. Read more about the workshop.
• Museum admission for three days: June 22–24, to view the exquisite rare Featherweight collection of Pam and JC Elliott as well as all of the quilt exhibits.
• Admission to the Vintage Marketplace on Friday, June 23 featuring Singer Featherweight machines, vintage fabrics, sewing-related collectibles and more.
• Fireside chat with Featherweight collectors Pam and JC Elliott at 4 pm on Friday, June 23.
• Lecture by Nova Montgomery at 5:30 pm on Friday, June 23 entitled "A Century of Progress: The Chicago World's Fair of 1933 and Its Quilt Contest." The Featherweight's history is connected to this event. Quilters, historians and textile lovers will find much to appreciate in this presentation.
The Featherweight Maintenance Workshop is only available by purchasing the Featherweight Passport. The Passport covers everything! If you wish to attend Friday's events ONLY without taking the FW Maintenance Workshop, then purchase the Featherweight Mini Tickets. These tickets cover the fireside chat, the lecture and the Vintage Marketplace on Friday, June 23 and they are $15.
One classic Singer Featherweight sewing machine will be offered at auction on Friday, 6/23—your chance to own one of these little treasures!
Featherweight Frenzy is a fundraising event sponsored by Friends of IQSCM. The profits will directly benefit the museum and help to further its mission to build a global collection and audience that celebrate the cultural and artistic significance of quilts.
What should I bring to the Featherweight Maintenance Workshop?
Where can I find more information about Nova Montgomery?
Where can I find more information about Pam and JC Elliott?
Can I come to Featherweight Frenzy without taking the Featherweight Maintenance Workshop?
Yes. Tickets are available separately for the events on Friday, June 23: Museum admission to view the rare FW collection of Pam and JC Elliott, Vintage Marketplace, fireside chat with Pam and JC Elliott and lecture with Nova Montgomery. These tickets are $15. Friday's events begin at 10 am when the museum opens.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email us with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's the refund policy?
Featherweight Passport ($125): You may be entitled to a refund on or before May 31 if your spot can be filled with another paying guest. On or after June 1, partial refunds may be available if your spot can be filled with another paying guest. Request a refund by logging back in to your Eventbrite account and following the instructions for refunds. If you prefer to donate your ticket price to Friends of IQSCM, we would greatly appreciate it. Please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Featherweight Mini Ticket ($15): No refunds are available. We appreciate the donation of your ticket price to FRIENDS of IQSCM.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
Yes. You may give or sell your Passport or your Mini Ticket to another person if you are unable to attend.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?
Yes. Please let us know if you are transferring your Passport or Mini Ticket to another person. Email us using firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the museum's regular hours?
The museum is open 10 am to 4 pm Tuesday through Saturday, and from May to October, 1 to 4 pm on Sunday. Learn more at quiltstudy.org.
What are the hotel options?
There are many hotels at different price points not far from the museum. Email email@example.com for recommendations.
What is the nearest airport?
The Lincoln Airport is about 15 minutes from the museum. Omaha's Epply Airfield is a little over an hour from the museum. Both have many commercial flights available.