Speed and agility in the workplace require teams that are capable of acting independently to make the right decisions and take action that is in the best interest of the organizations. Self-directed teams who are appropriately equipped are better at problem solving & decision-making and tend to have more pride in their work product and feel more connected to the customer. All of these qualities equal a competitive advantage through improved quality, simplification of processes and speed of delivery. This 4-hour class will lay the groundwork for understanding what is necessary to build a more self-directed workforce. Faculty: Scott Brown
Outcomes: Participants will...
- Understand the business case for a more self-directed and agile workforce
- Learn the components of well-equipped self-directed team
- Learn to assess the readiness of your teams to be more self-directed
- Learn what skills are necessary to effectively lead a more self-directed workforce
- Develop a plan of action to empower their teams incrementally