This class is aimed at the advanced photographer who wants to learn how to create professional quality images of models for editorial and/or advertising applications. We will focus on the fashion industry with an emphasis on clothing and makeup. Students will learn to work with professional models to create stunning fashion and beauty images.
What you will get: At the end of the class you will have several final images to add to your portfolio. You will also have fundamental knowledge of:
• How and when to use a model release.
• How to set up a comfortable studio environment.
• How to light your model with a dramatic emphasis on clothing and makeup.
• Techniques for creating emotive and dramatic lighting, encouraging an artistic theme for fashion.
• Understanding of pose and posture to obtain elegant fashion portraits.
• A basic understanding of the set and background lighting to produce magazine quality images.
What can I bring into the event?
You will need to bring your own DSLR camera and have basic understanding of studio lighting. We recommend first completing Basic Studio Lighting offered at Image Hive if you do not have prior experience.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
What's the refund policy?
Your class may be cancelled if too few people register. A decision will be made a few days before the class is scheduled to run, and you will be notified of the cancellation and your registration refunded in full.
We offer full refunds for any requests received more than 10 days in advance of the class start date. Requests received nearer than 10 days of class start time will be eligible for 85% credit towards another workshop.