Fashion, Football and more!
Friday, December 6, 2013 from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM (EST)
A fundraiser for C.A.R.E. Animal Shelter in Ruskin, FL.
Fashion for the women: Models will showcase a collection of contemporary, affordable, wearable art jackets and drapes created by Vicki Rollo, owner of Heart's Desire Boutique in Sarasota and a Ringling College of Art & Design Graduate. Make your everyday accessorizing a breeze with Miche interchangeable handbags and jewelry; a unique concept that can change your style and look in 3 seconds! Miche showcased by Lynn Wise, a Silver Amara leader of Miche.
Football! Sports! for the men (and women!) Auction and raffles of sporting event tickets, memorabilia, art and apparel. Wear your team colors! Prizes for best dressed group and/or best decorated table.
A casual event with great tailgating food and fun! C.A.R.E. will have a few of their adoptable critters for you to hug - give a cat or dog their Christmas wish with a new loving family!
A portion of all vendor sales will go to C.A.R.E.
When & Where
- C.A.R.E. was founded in 2000 by Dr. Hal Ott, and a group of local citizens concerned about the high number of healthy animals being euthanized each year inHillsboroughCounty.
- Our mission is to reduce the number of homeless and abandoned animals through adoption and sterilization.
- C.A.R.E. opened a small, 3 acre shelter in Ruskin in 2001. Over the ensuing years C.A.R.E. has added an Isolation Unit for newly arrived cats, a large new cat facility and a small breed dog addition to allow separation from large breeds.
What makes C.A.R.E. different?
We are not foster-based. We have a facility on three acres on land and can accommodate between 15-20 dogs (depending on size) and 25-35 cats. We are usually full because of our relatively small size, our no-kill mission and our limited resources.
- C.A.R.E. is a no-kill shelter that accepts stray and abandoned dogs and cats. For this reason, some of our animals have skin conditions, parasites, or other medical conditions requiring additional treatment and care.
- C.A.R.E. is funded primarily by donations, memberships, and small grants. We do not receive tax dollars. Small grants are usually for capital improvements, so we rely heavily on donations from the community for our operating costs.
- Our animals are not kept in cages 24 hours a day. Our adoptable dogs are outside during the day where they get plenty of fresh air, exercise and play time.
- Our adoptable cats roam freely in in one of three large open bay rooms in our cat facility; they are separated by age, and have free access to separate screened porches.
- C.A.R.E. is a volunteer run organization, with only one paid employee, the Animal CARE Manager. Volunteers support our animals by giving over 16,000 hours of their time, effort and love each year caring for these pets. Thus, donations have a direct impact on saving the lives of countless homeless pets.