Actions and Detail Panel
Fashion Design: How to do your own PR the right way with style and purpose.
Wed, March 22, 2017, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM GMT
Two-hour masterclass led by an industry expert, capped at 15 spaces.
About this class
At Utelier we support businesses, entrepreneurs and start-ups to help them create the next successful fashion brands of the future.
Having a great business idea alone is no longer enough. Building awareness of your brand through being featured in the press is essential for the growth of your business. But PR agencies are too expensive when you are at the early stages and often deliver disappointing results.
Moreover – no one can tell your story and market your product better than you – the designer. You don’t need a big budget to do that either. This master class will show you how you can start to do your own PR that gets you results on little or no budget.
Who is this for?
You are about to launch or have already a small fashion brand and you are struggling to get PR.
You have been trying to do it yourself but finding it difficult and feel like you may be doing something wrong.
This event will cover essential elements needed for getting into press and generating exposure for you and your brand.
1. You and your story: Press is always looking for great stories and so we will discuss the importance of you and your brand’s story as a foundation. What is your mission/purpose and concept?
2. Press materials: Once you have your story nailed, the next step is to have all visuals ready for press. Publications have different structures and features but there are common content and press requirements e.g. photography types, press releases, which you need to have available at short notice.
3. Research: Your PR expectations will depend on the research you do prior to pitching to press. Research is therefore a vital step to making your PR efforts effective. Where do you see your brand to be featured?
What is the best place of exposure for you and your brand?
4. PR strategy: You only get clarified on your PR strategies once you have the understanding of what each publication is looking for through the research you’ve done. Setting PR strategies effectively will depend on your expectations, the right publication for your brand and timing.
5. Pitching: We will discuss the best and innovative angles of how.
You will leave knowing not only the key aspects of doing PR but with tons of examples of how to do it right and ideas applicable to you and your business.
You will also have started to develop your own coherent PR proposition – how to best present your brand, the do’s and don’ts and how you can use this to game-changing effect.
This is an entry-level class, but you should ideally come with a project or a business idea you’re ready to work on so that you can ask questions and make notes specific to your business / product as you go through the masterclass.
About the instructor
This masterclass will be delivered by Karolina Barnes, the editor of Estila Magazine, an independent British monthly lifestyle magazine, digital and in print, on a mission to empower through sophisticated style and colour through telling the stories of emerging interiors, fashion and lifestyle brands, and women in business.
Terms and Conditions:
i. By buying a ticket, you consent to being filmed, recorded and photographed at the event as a member of the audience and to footage and photographs of you being used by Utelier in any medium for the promotion and marketing of Utelier Events.
ii. Views expressed by speakers at the event may not be the views of Utelier. Event materials are provided on an “as is” basis and Utelier makes no warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of those materials.
iii. Speakers and attendees are subject to change and we do not guarantee that any specific speakers or participants will appear at the event. However, we will always try to find a suitable replacement in the rare event that one of our key speakers or participants is unable to attend.
iv. You attend the event at your own risk. You are responsible for safeguarding your property when attending the event. Utelier will have no liability for property lost, stolen or damaged at the event.
v. You must be aged 18 or over to attend the event and may be asked to show photographic identification to prove your age.
vi. Tickets can be transferred, exchanged, or refunded once purchased as long as the claim is made 7 days before the event is due to take place.