San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Thank you for your interest in serving with SF City Impact this holiday season.
The Farrington Thanksgiving event is in memory of one of our most faithful volunteers, Mary Elizabeth (Beth) Farrington. She was a dedicated volunteer who challenged others to get involved and jump in with two feet. This was her favorite event that she spearheaded during her time with us. We will always cherish the memories we had with her. Thank you to all the volunteers who will make this day possible!!
Like last year, we are asking volunteers to partner with San Francisco City Impact by paying a $25 registration fee which will go directly towards making this event possible - the fee will underwrite the cost of the event.
However, children under the age of 10 are free.
Goals on this day:
Deliver 5,000 hot meals to homes
Sit down Thanksgiving dinner for 300 people
Begins at 8:30am
(Please bring your printed ticket in order to expedite the registration process)
Registration will be located at San Francisco City Impact
230 Jones Street, San Francisco, CA 94102
SFCI is proud to have a flat rate with ROCK STAR PARKING garage at $10 per vehicle for the day.
265 Eddy Street SF CA 94102
Please show them your EVENTBRITE TICKET.
For groups, please have your group register individually or designate a group leader to pay for your group and email a list in advance of first and last names including contact information (address, email and phone number) to the email address below to speed up the registration process.
1. Sit Down Thanksgiving Dinners Full
2. Kitchen Full
3. Security Positions Still Available
4. Meal Prep Full
5. Meal Delivery Positions Still Available
6. School Library Improvement Project Positions Still Available
1. Sit Down Thanksgiving Dinners: This team will host a Thanksgiving Dinner indoors for those who come in off the street. They will be greeted by volunteers and have an experience of a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner. This is a very intimate experience with those who live in the area, mostly those without homes.
2. Kitchen: Those who sign up for the KITCHEN will prepare all the food for the 5,000 meals that will be delivered to the surrounding buildings. Over 3000 lbs. of turkey (turkey and turkey breast) will come through this kitchen. Duties include: deboning turkey, cooking mashed potatoes, and cooking, slicing and chopping vegetables. Any level of experience is welcome. This is the job that requires volunteers to move quick, work well with others, and is the first team to get started for the day. This team will most likely miss the day's orientation and volunteer briefing.
3. Security: This team will help with crowd control. During large events, it's nice to have help with keeping the volunteers and residents calm and organized as there is an order to the day. SFCI prides itself in making sure the community gets blessed on this day and needs security to make sure this happens smoothly. We need strong, orderly, yet kind volunteers for this job.
4. Meal Prep: This will be held in two locations. Each location is half a block away from each other. This whole event is based on getting hot Thanksgiving Dinners to 5,000 people who have signed up in advance for these meals. The meal delivery job is an assembly line formation and there is always a lot of energy in this team. If you are planning on bringing kids, this is a fun place for them to help and there is usually more space for them to roam..
Location 1: 230 Jones Street: is located on Jones Street the main campus of SF City Impact between Eddy St and Turk Street. The meal prep area can accommodate up to 50 people.
Location 2: 302 Eddy: is located on Eddy Street.
5. Meal Delivery: These groups are going to hand deliver the food to the people. All deliveries are done by walking. Vehicles are not necessary; however, if there are a few people that would like to drive, please let your leader know on that day. They will arrange for your group to take the meals that are furthest away. Families and those who don't want to be confined to one area love this task. All meals are carried in banana boxes to the assigned buildings.
Often times, it might seem as if you're waiting around, however, this is the nature of the job. ALL the Meal Prep teams are doing their best to pump out the meals. So please be patient. This job is vital to getting the job done!
6. School Library Improvement Project: This group will assist in improving our SF City Academy library. Tasks will include light construction (putting up shelves; no tools required), and computer input of donated children's books, among other things.
We hope you have a great time and let's make this a holiday that the
Tenderloin Community won't ever forget!
If you have any questions, we have our own Holiday Volunteer Coordinator to help assist you with any questions:
Holiday Volunteer Coordinator
ALL PROCEEDS DIRECTLY BENEFIT SAN FRANCISCO CITY IMPACT AND ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE
(TAX ID NO. 90-0332259)