Farm to Feast: A Saturday with Joel Salatin
Saturday, March 29, 2014 from 1:30 PM to 9:00 PM (PDT)
Farm to Feast: A day with Joel Salatin invites you to embrace the local integrity food movement. Each pass includes one hour with local farmers, food artisans, local CSA programs and more followed by our iconic speaker Joel Salatin.
- Stay for both talks with an All-Day Pass.
- Join us with the all-day VIP Pass for an intimate meet and greet reception with Joel Salatin, vendors, appetizers and beverages deliciously prepared with locally sourced, organic foods.
- Dinner is not included.There are plenty of great options for dinner in the area, including local restaurants within walking distance.
- Parking at the venue is $3.
- Early-bird pricing ends March 17th.
- Would you like to be a vendor? We still have some spots available. Contact email@example.com by March 9th.
- All sales final. No refunds.
About the Speaker
JOEL SALATIN is a full-time farmer in Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley. The family’s farm, Polyface Inc. (“The Farm of Many Faces”) has been featured in Smithsonian Magazine, National Geographic, Gourmet and countless other radio, television and print media. Profiled on the Lives of the 21st Century series with Peter Jennings on ABC World News, his after-broadcast chat room fielded more hits than any other segment to date. It achieved iconic status as the grass farm featured in the New York Times bestseller Omnivore's Dilemma by food writer guru Michael Pollan and the award-winning film documentary, Food Inc.
Joel describes his occupation as “mob-stocking herbivorous solar conversion lignified carbon sequestration fertilization.” His humorous and conviction-based speeches are akin to theatrical performances, often receiving standing ovations.
He has authored eight books: Pastured Poultry Profits: Net $25,000 in 6 months on 20 Acres, Salad Bar Beef, You Can Farm: The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Start and Succeed in a Farming Enterprise, Family Friendly Farming: A Multi-Generational Home-Based Business Testament, Holy Cows and Hog Heaven: The Food Buyer’s Guide to Farm Friendly Food, is an attempt to bring producers and patrons together in mutual understanding and appreciation, Everything I Want to Do Is Illegal: War stories from the local food front., The Sheer Ecstasy of Being a Lunatic Farmer, Folks, This Ain't Normal: A Farmer’s Advice for Happier Hens, Healthier People, and a Better World.