The Wyoming Department of Agriculture and University of Wyoming Extension will be conducting a food safety training workshop – If you are a food producer/processor you might find the event useful as you work with produce and fruit since it will provide information on how producers can reduce the risk of foodborne pathogens such as salmonella and listeria.
The workshop is important for both small- and large-scale producers who are trying to meet current and proposed US FDA food safety requirements or are considering Good Agricultural Practice (GAP) certification.
Workshop materials will be presented by Mr. David Lott and Dr. Connie Fisk, On-farm Food Safety Educators with Nebraska Extension. Topics will include:
- Produce safety risk factors and impacts
- Post-harvest produce handling
- Water quality and testing
- Creating a food safety plan
- Auditing farms for GAPs/food safety
- Soil management/manure management
- Worker health and hygiene
- Traceability, recall and liability issues
Sessions start at 9 am both days and we will wrap up by noon the second. Snacks and Lunch will be provided. Registration is $25.