Actions and Detail Panel
Family Business Leadership Retreat
Fri, May 5, 2017, 5:00 PM – Tue, May 9, 2017, 6:00 PM MDT
Connect with your family business partners and discover strategies to turn challenges into triumphs.
If you are a Business CEO or Family CEO who seeks to enhance your leadership skills bringing greater harmony and interdependence to your family business, then this is the perfect retreat for you. Whether you've just married into the business or have several years under your belt, the Great Family Leadership Retreat gives you a unique and powerful opportunity to reflect on how great family businesses succeed in overcoming the challenge of combining business with family and take away strategies and routines for your business.
Goals of the Retreat
- to CELEBRATE being part of a family business.
- to INSPIRE family leaders: both business leaders and family leaders to venture beyond the cultural norms, default cultures and past experiences to build an interdependent, collaborative team.
- to DISCOVER effective and innovative approaches to communication, family development, governance and succession.
- to STIMULATE the exchange of information and ideas among family business members by bringing them together
- to REFLECT deeply on our own attitudes, methods, and behaviour as family business owners in a supportive and engaging environment
- to RENEW our commitment to supporting the continued success of the family and the family business.
Don't hesitate! Limited space available - only 1 family business for each retreat, providing lots of opportunity to work one-on-one with our resident family business advisor.
What to Expect
- Some homework / pre-work required (reading articles and completing a short survey about your business).
- Facilitated family dialogues.
The agenda can be customized to ensure you have time for a bit of R&R as well as some focused attention on your family and business.
- Friday evening - Meet, set goals, align expectations- Arrival by 5:00 pm.
- Saturday - Reconnecting to vision and family values; having respectful conversations; Challenges at Bat. Re-discovering your individual and family strengths. Saturday evening on your own. Reflection and connection.
- Sunday - Hot topics, best practices and sharing success. Sunday afternoon relationship building activity. Sunday evening on your own.
- Monday - Action planning & 90 day plan - Wraps up by 5:00 pm.
Optional Agenda Items
- Facilitated Annual General Meeting
- Family Business Education - business literacy, business processes, understanding financial information, cash flow management and other topics available.
- Change Management - Designing a plan for change in your business
- Strategic Planning - facilitating discussion leading to a strategic plan for your business
Is the Great Family Business Retreat for me/my family?
The retreat activities focus on the individuals involved in management / leadership roles in the family business including those family members who are in the succession plan. The family business retreat requires dialogue within the family business so it is essential that at least 2 people from the business attend the retreat together. Ideally, those who have family leadership roles as well as those in business leadership roles will attend together.
- Busy business owners who lack time to schedule sessions consistently enough to make positive gains in family business success.
- Anyone who wants a relaxed, yet concentrated time to get away from it all to focus on your family relationships without distractions.
- Families who want to make significant progress in a short period of time or jump start focused work.
- Family businesses who are planning for impactful change.
- You are experiencing stress in the family, in part due to demands of the business.
- You want to access the services of a certified business coach and a family business advisor that may not be availalble locally.
- You are in a new relationship with someone and one or both of you are involved (own or work) in a family business.
Your registration includes a follow up call from your facilitator within 30 days of the retreat.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Contact Laura by phone 403 650-6519 or email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I update my registration information?
Where will the retreat be held?
You'll be welcomed to the retreat in the home of Laura & Arnie Bechard for comfortable conversation in a peaceful, scenic space with views of the Rocky Mountains, access to a hot tub, home cooking and salt-of-the earth engagement.