Twisted Roots Wine presents the MeEarth Benefit "Fall Harvest Party on the Patio"
Wine Tasting, Paella Making Demo and Live Music
at Twisted Roots Tasting Room In Carmel Valley
Fundraiser to Benefit MEarth in Carmel
CARMEL VALLEY, CA -- Twisted Roots is celebrate the 2013 Harvest on Friday, October 4th on the patio of its Carmel Valley tasting room located at 12 Del Fino Place. The event will take place from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm and includes wine tasting, a paella cooking demonstration by Chef Brandon Miller and live music.
· Friday, October 4th
· 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
· Sip Twisted Roots Wine
· Watch a Paella Demo by Chef Brandon Miller of Mundaka Carmel at 6:00 p.m.
· Listen to Live Music
· Taste small bites
· Support MEarth
· Cost for the event is $15 per person ($10 Club "Twisted" Members)
includes wine tasting and small bites.
· Additional glasses of wine can be purchased for $10 per glass.
· A portion of the proceeds benefit MEarth. MEarth is an environmental education nonprofit with roots in Carmel Valley, California, that is growing the next generation of environmental leaders through education, collaboration, partnerships and community action. The organization educates and inspire through environmental stewardship. For more information go to www.MEarthCarmel.org
· Space is limited to 40 people
Twisted Roots Carmel Valley Tasting Room:
Open Friday through Sunday (11:30 a.m.–5 p.m.), the tasting room will pour wines created from estate grapes on vines first planted in Lodi in 1918. Did you know the winery’s name came from a twisted root that the family dug up from the vineyard?
Tastings include four wines:
- 2011 Chardonnay, which is a very simple, well balanced wine.
- 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon, which is very fruit forward, and light on tanins
- 2010 Petite Sirah, the family’s flagship wine, big, rich, and full of berry flavor.
- "1918" Old Vine Zinfandel our most popular, and the wine that started it all for our Family!
Twisted Roots Information:
At Twisted Roots, we believe in letting the grapes speak for themselves. Partner Josh Ruiz, representing partners Ross Schmiedt and Mike Hodge, stated that, “We feel that our work in the vineyard is the genesis for the flavor and overall complexity of our wines. As Lodi
Certified Green Growers we follow sustainable farming practices throughout the entire winemaking process. “
For every bottle sold, Twisted Roots donates a portion of the proceeds to the ALS Foundation for research into ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease). Our partner and creator of the Twisted Roots brand is afflicted with ALS. Additionally, Twisted Roots donates money to MEarth and its Hilton Bialek Habitat at Carmel Middle School. As Josh said, “Twisted Roots wants to make good quality wine and give back to their communities."
Both Mission Ranch and Tarpy's Roadhouse serve Twisted Roots wines. And, of course, you can have a full tasting right in Carmel Valley (831-594-8282) or in Lodi by appointment (916-300-2416).