Fall 2013 Welcome Bag Distribution
Sunday, September 15, 2013 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM (EDT)
Welcome Bags: Each Fall, the OSCR staff, SGA Senators, campus partners, and neighbors deliver Welcome Bags to about 500 households and have conversations with the off-campus student residents about living successfully in the community as a tenant and a neighbor. The bags include dozens of items, including an Off-Campus Living Survival Guide, a Renting in Vermont brochure from Vermont Tenants, a Burlington Bike Map, and other great giveaways!
Delicious bagels generously donated by Feldman's Bagels on Pine Street.
When & Where
Office of Student & Community Relations
The Office of Student and Community Relations (OSCR) at the University of Vermont (UVM) is committed to creating a safe and socially just environment for off-campus students and neighbors. To do this we provide resources and education to our students so that they have successful experiences transitioning to and living off campus and we work with students, neighbors, and city partners on creative initiatives to improve the quality-of-life in our shared community.
You can contact us for the following:
- Resources for Your Off-Campus Housing Search
- Accessing Off-Campus Living Resources
- Getting Involved in Your Community
- Becoming an Student or Neighbor Liaison & Accessing Grant Money for Neighborhood Projects
- Addressing Landlord/Tenant Concerns
- Resolving Conflict with Roommates and Neighbors
- Responding to Off-Campus Bias
- Understanding City Ordinances