Fail Faire DC 2012
Friday, November 16, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (EST)
Fail Faire DC 2012: a celebration of failure
Fail Faire DC is back for another year of celebrating failure as a mark of innovation and risk-taking. We will have great speakers with fun, fast, Ignite-style presentations of their professional failures.
Audience participation is not only encouraged, it is mandatory! We are all peers and none of us is perfect. Expect much laughter as we navel-gaze at where we have all gone wrong in ICT and international development.
Yet don't forget that we are all here to LEARN from failure. Failure is no reason to be ashamed. Failure shows leadership, innovation, and risk-taking in pushing the boundaries of what is possible in scaling ideas from pilots to global programs.
There is great value in examining our mistakes as we go beyond the easy and the simple at Fail Faire DC 2012. So while we encourage irreverence and humor, don't forget to learn something too.
We will have light refreshments to lubricate the conversation and there will be an after-party to continue the celebration. However, an RSVP is mandatory for attendance.
Fail Faire DC 2012 will be hosted by the World Bank on Friday, November 16, in downtown Washington, DC. Those that RSVP'ed will be sent the specific location just before the event.
- 6:00pm: Welcome and drinks
- 6:30pm: #FAIL-Slam
- 7:30pm: Open Discussion
- 8:00pm: Mingling, learning, networking, more drinks
Featured Speakers (so far)
- Dr. Tessie San Martin, CEO, Plan International USA
- Aleem Walji, Director, Innovation Labs, World Bank Institute
- Patty Mechael, Executive Director, mHealth Alliance
- Sean McDonald, CEO, FrontlineSMS
- Christine Prefontaine, Founder, Facilitating Change
- James Bontempo, Director of ICT & Innovation, JHU-CCP
- Carol Waters, Technical Advisor, Internews
- Merrick Schaefer, Senior Innovation Specialist, World Bank
- Neelley Hicks, Special Projects Manager, United Methodist Communications
- Dustin Homer, Associate, Development Gateway
When & Where
Kurante is a partnership between Wayan Vota and Linda Raftree to expand the ICT4D community.