Actions and Detail Panel
Factory Blended Mortar for Masonry Construction
Wed, March 22, 2017, 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM CDT
Southwest Missouri Masonry Coalition March Educational Meeting
Presented by Carson Wann | SPEC MIX Sales
Course Title: Factory Preblended Mortar for Masonry Construction
Credit: 1.0 LU/HSW
Designed to assist the participant in gaining knowledge on the future of masonry
mortar, this interactive seminar has attendees participating in hands-on
demonstrations illustrating the quality of factory produced mortar compared to the
inconsistencies associated with site-mixed mortar. Participants also will discover the
requirements necessary to achieve consistent colored mortar every time. Now
architects and specifiers can be assured that the products they specify are
manufactured to exceed all applicable ASTM standards
1. Role of Mortar … What Makes Good Mortar?
2. Mason’s Sand for Mortar and “Sand Bulking”
3. How to Select and Specify Mortars
4. Understanding Mortar Strength (P.S.I.)
5. Preblended Mortar vs. Field Mixed Mortar
6. Why Specify Preblended Mortar?
Reigistration is Free, but required.