Facilitation Skills for e-Trainers - DFW
Thursday, October 17, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CDT)
FACILITATION SKILLS FOR e-TRAINERS
ONE DAY WORKSHOP
Fairfield Inn, Lewisville,TX
9 AM - 5 PM; registration opens at 8:30 AM
If you are transitioning from live classroom training to e-training, this active learning day is for you.
Register Early and Save up to $100.00!
Save up to $100.00 per person with Early Bird Registration.
The Fairfield Inn has arranged special room rates for The Training Clinic attendees. To get these savings, please call 972-899-6900 and tell reservations that you are calling to take advantage of the special Training Clinic room rate.
What You'll Learn
This workshop is designed for the trainer who will facilitate training programs in an e-learning setting. Learn how to deliver programs in synchronous and asynchronous learning situations.
Workshop content and objectives
Set personal objectives for this session
Transition to e-facilitation
Unit 1: Use Adult Learning in a Virtual Environment
Use adult learning concepts in e-learning
Increase e-learner retention by using five steps in adult learning
Ask key questions to process learning through each of the five adult learning steps
Complete an E-Facilitator Style Inventory
Relate your training style to e-learners – flex you style to be more effective
Assess your skills, manage your expectations
Select the best learning experiences for e-learners: match to objectives
Identify how much practice is needed to learn a skill
Unit 2: E-facilitator Techniques
Ten facilitation skills that translate from the classroom to e-learning
How to give directions and set up learning activities
How to compensate for lack of face-to-face contact
Connect with the virtual learner
Increase interaction and participation
Use options for virtual introductions
Unit 3: E-facilitation Pitfalls and Solutions
Identify appropriate courses for e-learning
Anticipate pitfalls and how to overcome them
Determine when to depart from the prepared script
Handle problem learners assertively
Orient the learner to the technology
Use off-air assignments and other options
Keep the pace alive
Avoid pitfalls by taking the technology into consideration
Unit 4: Prepare to Facilitate an e-Learning Event
Create the event script or road map for the learning event
Get materials to the right people
Secure technical support and troubleshooting
Unit 5: Resources
Glossary of e-learning terms for your reference
Compare different delivery mediums: contextual analysis
Identify who your audience is: target population analysis
Flex your e-facilitator style
Use e-facilitation techniques effectively
How to handle question and answer sessions
Know your netiquette
By the end of the workshop, the e-facilitator will be able to:
1. Use a case study to identify essential elements to transition from classroom to e-facilitation
2. Use your preferred facilitation style to become a more effective e-facilitator
3. Implement adult learning concepts in e-learning using unique process tools
4. Identify how to convert ten facilitation techniques for use online
5. Increase participation, retention and learning for synchronous or asynchronous learning by using nine techniques
6. Select the best learning experience to train online learners
7. Identify how much practice is needed to learn a new skill
8. Overcome pitfalls of facilitating e-learning
9. Use four strategies to deal with problem e-learners assertively
10. Pace methods to maintain high energy and active learning by the participants
11. Identify steps to orient the learner to your technology
12. Implement different options for virtual introductions
13. Complete planning steps for an e-learning event
Welcome to The Training Clinic and our special brand of train-the-trainer workshops. The Training Clinic is America’s train-the-trainer leader.
We specialize in state-of-the art design, delivery, management and evaluation of training through the development and delivery of workshops, certificate programs, on-line courses, publications, training products, job aids and consulting. Since 1977, we have trained over 150,000 people on 5 continents with the assistance of our over 20 Master Instructors located both in the U.S. and abroad, each averaging over 15 years of experience and previously holding key organizational positions.
Back by Popular Demand...Public Workshops!
Fall 2011 we re-launched our public workshop series. Check back frequently or connect with us on Facebook or LinkedIn for the latest information.
Just-in-Time Training: Each one or two day workshop covers just those skills you need at this moment in your professional development. You won’t sit through or pay for 3, 4, 5 days or more of content that you don’t need now, or maybe ever.
Practical Content: You’ll recognize and identify with the issues raised because they are the same concerns you are coping with each working day. Your workshop instructor is an active training/HRD consultant who will share with you real world experiences. We focus on practical application, not theory. You will work on your organization’s real issues and develop action plans and materials to use on the job the very next day.
Constantly Updated Content: Our workshops are revised regularly with input from past participants, instructors and research into state-of-the-art materials to make sure the content is current, reliable and fresh.
Involving and Challenging Materials: Each workshop is designed using the latest learning techniques and then analyzed in 15-minute segments (using a Training Clinic copyrighted, exclusive technique) to select the best method to communicate the content. We hold your interest through effective use of lecturettes, discussions, case studies, inventories, audiovisuals, role plays, self assessments, checklists, planning tools and more. Lectures are kept to a minimum.
Master Practitioner Instructors: Each of our instructors is an active training/HRD consultant with 15-30 years of directly related experience in the subjects they are teaching. Daily they advise and solve problems for their clients in business and government. They are not captive employees who simply repeat the same content day after day. They are active practitioners working in the real world and mastering today’s training problems. You’ll learn from their real world examples, advice and answers. Importantly, our instructors model that they teach and train through demonstration of each technique rather than by lecturing about it.
Experience: The Training Clinic is celebrating its 37th anniversary as America’s train-the-trainer leader. Share the experiences of hundreds of thousands of people who have improved their skills by attending a Training Clinic workshop.
Value Pricing: Why pay more for similar training? Stretch your training dollars. Our prices end where others begin, and if you are not happy with the results you don’t pay!
Training Clinic Bonuses:
• Limited class size (average is under 16) so your individual objectives are solicited and addressed.
• A comprehensive workshop manual that becomes a useful reference tool following the workshop. It contains valuable checklists, instruments, class notes, job aids, case studies and exercises.
• Complimentary breakfast pastry, coffee and soda breaks.
• A personalized certificate of completion, signed by your instructor.
• Continuing Education Credits: 1.3 CEUs for a two day program; .65 CEUs for a one day program.
• Money Back Guarantee: The on-the-job benefits of your Training Clinic workshop will last you a lifetime. We guarantee the quality of our workshops. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with a workshop for which you have paid, simply return your workshop materials with a written explanation. The Training Clinic will give you credit toward another workshop of comparable price or will refund your registration fee.
Cancellations are accepted at no charge up to 15 working days before the workshop. Later cancellations or no shows are responsible to pay the entire workshop fee. Once paid, a 'Certificate of Transfer' is issued valid for attendance at a future workshop of comparable value during the next twelve months. Subsitutions and transfers may be made at any time at no charge.
In the event of a cancellation of a workshop for any reason, The Training Clinic's liability is limited to the return of registration fees. Please use caution when booking non-refundable airfare or hotel rooms. We typically confirm workshops 1-2 weeks in advance. Feel free to check the status of any given program with us prior to making travel reservations.
The Training Clinic, 1510 Catalina Avenue, Seal Beach, CA 90740
Your message has been sent!
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.