Anywhere you need to go in Fairfax City, a bike trail is not too far away. FABB is hosting a social ride to give WABA members a chance to share ideas about transportation cycling while enjoying a leisurely ride through Fairfax’s parks and neighborhoods. We will navigate a gently rolling 11-mile loop, returning to our starting point in time for lunch at one of the eclectic restaurants that make Old Town Fairfax a favorite bicycling destination. WABA Members only (for insurance reasons). Helmets required.
Date: 06/30/2012 9 a.m.
Rain Date: 07/07/2012 9 a.m. **Rain date will be announced by 7am on ride day. Look for an email and check our events page.
About the Ride:
- Riders will depart at 9am from Oasis Bike Works, 10376 Main Street, VA 22030 (in the City of Fairfax).
- The ride is a combination of neighborhood streets (on-road) and multi-use trails.
- The ride is a loop of about 11 miles.
- We will pause briefly several times along the way to examine current and planned bicycle-friendly developments in the City of Fairfax.
- This is a no-drop social ride at a 10-12 mph pace... no lycra or road bikes needed.
- The ride is for adult WABA Members. Children 14-18 may participate if they are accompanied by an adult WABA member.
What to Bring:
- Your bicycle,
- Helmet (required no exceptions),
- Lock to secure your bike when parked,
- WABA membership number,
- Water and a snack, sunscreen,
- Cash for (optional) lunch.