FAA (SMS) - Implementation Guidance for Equipment/Service Providers
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
Implementation of Safety Management Systems (SMSs) that address current and future compliance requirements are becoming an essential part of doing business throughout the aerospace industry. This 90-minute FAA SMS webinar is designed to provide the aerospace industry relevant Federal Aviation Administration Safety Management System (FAA SMS) information.
In addition to being recognized as the next step in the evolution of safety in aerospace, SMSs are becoming a standard for the management of safety beyond aerospace and used in the management of other critical areas such as quality, occupational safety and health, security, environment, etc.
This 90-minute webinar is designed to provide Aerospace industry i.e., Airport Owners and Operators, Service Providers (Air Operators, Aviation Maintenance Organizations, Flight Training Organization, etc.), Equipment Manufacturers, and Proponents relevant FAA Safety Management System (SMS) information to better position them to implement Safety Management Systems (SMSs) that meet current and future administrative, regulatory and operational requirements. The FAA Safety Management System (SMS) is examined in the context of ICAO, Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) to provide an understanding of its principles, components, elements, and core processes including relevant documentation and links as follows:
· FAA SMS Fundamentals (Why FAA is involved in SMS; business and safety case; high level overview of FAA SMS fundamentals)
· FAA SMS Components – elements and processes
o Policy (Organizational structure, goals, objectives, etc.)
o Safety Risk Management (SRM)
o Safety Assurance (SA)
o Promotion(Safety activities- training and knowledge sharing)
· FAA SMS Framework & Guidance (A high level overview of SMS guidance, tools and implementation)
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.