REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR THE 2016 ACADEMIC YEAR!
YEAR LONG FAWAKIH QURANIC ARABIC YEAR LONG COURSE
FIRST EVER FAWAKIH WEEKEND OPTION.
PROGRAM START DATE: OCTOBER 9TH
Courses offered: Beginner Arabic (Level 1A)
Sundays, 10:30 am - 1:30 pm, 10/9 - 1/23/2017
*Occasional Breakfast will be served from 10am -10:30am. Dates are tentative. Break taken for winter recess.
Courses offered: Beginner Arabic (Level 1B)
Sundays, 10:30 am - 1:30 pm, 2/5 - 4/30
Courses offered: Introductory Arabic (Level 2A)
Sundays, 10:30 am - 1:30 pm
*Dates are tentative
Courses offered: Introductory Arabic (Level 2B)
Sundays, 10:30 am - 1:30 pm
*Dates are tentative
1) 2 semesters (1 Level) -- Full Tuition & Materials [$1150]
2) 4 semesters (2 Levels) -- Full Tuition & Materials [$1800] ---- BEST DEAL, complete Fawakih Introductory Arabic program and be ready for Intermediate Arabic.
* Payment plans are available. Discounts may not apply to payment plans. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Materials Fee covers the following costs:
- Welcome package for new students
- Course materials
- Online testing
- Online resources
The Quranic Arabic curriculum at Fawakih caters to students of all levels. Those little to no background in reading and writing the Arabic script will be placed into our Introductory Arabic Course, which is a pre-requisite for Level 1. Those who are familiar with reading the Arabic script at Beginner Level 1 with little background, if any, in grammar or reading comprehension of the Qur’an and who may not be able to produce Arabic in writing or in speech; who are able to read straightforward texts at the Intermediate Level 2 with the regular use of a dictionary, can identify grammatical parts of speech; who are proficient at reading challenging texts at the Advanced Level 3; and who are proficient at reading nuanced texts at the Advanced Level 4; and those who can begin to analyze tafsir and classical Arabic texts at Advanced Levels 5 and 6. The Program is structured around the required textbooks and employs a skills-based approach to language acquisition. In addition, the course will emphasize parsing and morphology in theory and in practice and translation as a primary method to ensure comprehension at every stage. Through mastery of Arabic grammar, morphology, reading, and vocabulary, the course facilitates language acquisition through both active and passive engagement.
- Integrated online classroom support (testing, vocabularly flashcards, exercise answer keys, tutorial videos)
- All new students will take Fawakih's online diagnostic test to gauge their Quranic Arabic background
- The tuition payment includes $150 for books and course materials. Students will receive a preparation packet in the mail before classes begin with all necessary textbooks and Fawakih-developed course materials. Students will also receive login information regarding our online testing system. This system is used to provide students with feedback and allows them to monitor their progress throughout the year.
Tuition Refund Policy
- No refunds after payment UNLESS course is not offered
- Fawakih's policy does not allow attendence of the course without prior registration
- If a student misses semester or would like to go at a faster or slower pace, they can fully apply the tuition credit to an equivalent Fawakih semester at another location or time. This includes transferring to Winter or Summer program of equivalent instructional hours. If that is not possible, on occasion, this credit can be transferred to family member or be donated back to Fawakih and put in the student fund for a deserving scholarship student.
Ustadh Ismail ibn Ali, Deputy Executive Director & Fawakih Alumnus
Ismail ibn Ali is the Deputy Executive Director at Fawakih and serves as an instructor in Quranic Arabic. He holds a Bachelors of Science in Biochemistry from the University of Florida ('11) and a Masters of Science in Education with a concentration in Urban Education from Johns Hopkins University ('13). While at Johns Hopkins, Ismail was a full-time high school chemistry and technology teacher at ConneXions School for the Arts in the Baltimore City Public Schools System.
Ismail is a graduate of the Fawakih 2010 summer program, completing over 150 hours of Arabic training in both Fawakih's Virginia and Boston chapters. Ustadh Ismail built on the foundation he established at Fawakih to continue his Arabic and Islamic studies through independent study until he joined Fawakih in 2012 as a teaching assistant fellow for beginner Arabic. After quickly excelling in the training program, Ustadh Ismail adeptly stepped into a teaching position and taught level 1 during the 2012-2013 academic year in Herndon, VA and Washington, DC. Ustadh Ismail currently teaches Beginner and Intermediate Quranic Arabic for Fawakih. He also serves as the part-time Middle School Islamic Studies instructor at Al Fatih Academy.
A life-long student of languages, he has taken seven years of German in addition to his Arabic studies. He also enjoys pick-up basketball and reading books.
Shaykh Suheil Laher, Academic Dean
Saif Omar, Director & Founder
Period 1 10:30 am - 11:20 am
Period 2 11:30 am – 12:20 pm
Period 3 12:30pm – 1:30pm
*Breaks may be adjusted based on prayer times.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Email: email@example.com with questions.
Save This Event
When & Where
The Family Life Initiative aims to provide an environment that will strengthen community and nurture relationships through recreational, educational, social, spiritual, health and wellness opportunies for those affiliated with Fawakih and its various programs We are guided by the belief that we must provide families opportunities to mature, to learn, and to grow in an environment that will support their passions, interests, dreams, and goals.