Export Compliance: Eliminate the Dangers of Non-Compliance
**Early Bird registration has been extended through September 21.**
The Illinois SBDC International Trade Center at College of Lake County is pleased to present 2015 Presidential “E” Award winner Mike Allocca on Export Compliance: Eliminate the Dangers of Non-Compliance seminar.
Thursday, October 20, 2016
Southlake Campus. College of Lake County.
1120 S. Milwaukee Ave, Vernon Hills, IL 60061, Room V336
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Cost: $195 – Materials, breakfast and lunch included.
Registration is required as space is limited!
Did you know export compliance violations can result in $1 million in criminal penalties per violation and 20 years imprisonment while administrative monetary penalties can reach $250,000 per violation or greater? Don’t let this happen to you! Invest the time necessary to understand the latest up-to-date export compliance procedures and how to adapt them to your company’s export processes.
Upon completion of this dynamic best practices seminar, you will walk away with a fresh look at export compliance procedures, gain specific tools to build secure and compliant export processes, as well as gain an 11-point checklist to ensure compliance.
- Know Your Customer - ask these 5 questions to reveal common red flags
- Use Due Diligence – review the 7 key lists from denied parties to sanctioned countries
- Use the Correct Incoterm - Terms of Sale vs. Terms of Payment
- Country Specific Requirements – discuss legalization, pre-shipment inspection, wood packaging, etc.
- Export Documentation – determine documentation and retention requirement
- Logistics - establish strategies and responsibilities - insurance, packaging, and record keeping
- Other Global Trade Requirements and Resources - export license requirements, where to go to qualify for NAFTA, obtaining correct HTS # and where to find information
- Compliance Strategy – explore how to successfully implement these requirements into your organization
Presented by: Mike Allocca, President, Allocca Enterprises, Inc.
About the Presenter:
Mike Allocca began his career in 1996 in operations at a freight forwarding company in Albany, NY. After obtaining his bachelor's degree in business administration, he quickly worked his way up over 10 years from internal operations to vice-president of sales. Completing an accelerated executive MBA Program through the University at Albany, he has sat on the board of directors of the Global Business Network in Albany, NY for two years. He has gained significant international business expertise from extensive travel to Europe and China.
Mike estabished Allocca Enterprises, Inc. in 2016, and has conducted hundreds of on-site and public training seminars nationally and internationally. He works on a daily basis with importers and exporters conducting compliance audits, classifications and implementing written export & import procedures.
- 2015 Presidential “E” Award winner for Export Services
- 2016 NASBITE International Advancing International Trade Award for the State of South Carolina’s District Export Council (DEC) in Columbia, SC for a 4- year term
- Voted onto the National District Export Council (DEC) in 2015 through the U.S. Commercial Service a Division of the U.S. Department of Commerce
- 2008 Trade Partner of the Year – Tech Valley Global Business Network
- NASBITE Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP) and a NASBITE Certified Trainer
Staying current on export/import regulations, Mike regularly attends and/or hosts programs with the U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. Customs & Border Protection, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Industry and Security, NAFTA – Office of Inter American Affairs, TSA and Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals.