Hinduism came to the Island of Bali around the 11th Century via Javanese priests, kings, and artisans who resisted conversion to Islam. In this one-day Inspired Community Adventure, we will visit an ancient village in Tabanan and explore the village’s historical temples and archaeological artifacts and gain some familiarity with Balinese philosophy and religion. Later, we will explore the historical past through Balinese home design, music, dance, offering making, and traditional storytelling.
Nyambu Village, Central Bali
0830-1000: Village Walk
- Welcome drink
- Observe Balinese Village Community Life
1000-1100: Tour of Village Historical Temples (Learn about the arrival of Hinduism into Bali during the 11th Century and see ancient historical artifacts.)
1100-1400: Cultural Actvities I
- Lunch with the village community
- Music Performance
- Learn how to make flower offerings (canang)
- Balinese music lessons
- Balinese dance lessons
-1400-1600: Cultural Activities II
- Visit a Balinese Family Estate (Learn the principles of Balinese home design.)
- Traditional storytelling
- Coconut drinks
1600-1700: Return trip
- Full-day private transport with air-conditioning and cushioned seats
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner as well as snacks and drinks at all village stops (Most of the food will be vegetarian.)
- Facilitated intercultural dialogue with Balinese communities
- Introductory Indonesian language and Balinese customs/manners course
- Reflective dialogues and storytelling
Things to Bring
- Phone and/or camera (fully charged)
- Your own water bottle (Host community members have been requested not to provide packaged bottled water to guests but to offer refilling stations instead. If you do not have a water bottle, a container can be loaned to you.)
- Swimsuit/towel (optional)
- Curiosity and a taste for adventure
- Umbrella (It is the rainy season.)
Please meet inside the HUBUD Coworking space on Monkey Forest Road at 7:00am We will have small breakfast and coffee together before departing no later than 7:30.
Please note that this excursion can feel intense or physically exhausting. Food and water are provided throughout the day at all locations to help the group sustain energy, but please come well-rested and prepared to take in a wide range of unique experiences.
This excursion is limited to 14 participants.
Cancellation policy: Should you need to cancel, please contact us phone (+6283119501359) for a full refund. Cancellations must be made 3 days before the event and no exceptions.