San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
EXPLORE THE MUD!
"Columbus explored the ocean blue, but Grant County got all muddy!"
EVENT FUN includes: Mud Obstacle Course Race with over 20 obstacles, music, apparel and post-race recovery food.
- This is a nonrefundable event
- The first heat begins at 9:00 am
- Participants can register as an individual or as a group
- Participants registering online as an individual or a group will receive a t-shirt (prior to September 22nd)
- Participants may choose to sign up on race day for an extra $10 (t-shirt not included)
- Must be 13 years of age or older to participate in the Mud Obstacle Course Race
- Each participant must sign a waiver form
- Please be aware that heat times may change due to participation, weather, and other circumstances
- A pre-race, check-in email wil be sent to each participant approximately one week before the Mud Obstacle Course Race
- HAVE FUN! GET MUDDY!
- Each participant must complete a separate registration form with a signed waiver
- Groups must register together
- No metal cleats allowed
- No alcohol permitted on race grounds
- Not responsible for any theft or damage to personal property
- Racers must report to their heat gate 15 minutes prior to heat start time and should check-in at least one hour before heat
- All children must be supervised by an adult
Slip, Slide Away- Start off with a 40' slide into the mud
This Ditch is a !#&@!- After a little free running into a 2' deep ditch
Needle in the Hay Stack- A few roll bales to navigate
Stairway to Heaven- Up and over an 8' utility pole obstacle
Up the Creek- Walk, jog, or crawl over up 200 yards of creek bed
Jack & Jill- Up the hill and around the flag
Haze in the Maze- Can you find your way through the corn maze?
Monkey See Monkey Do- A little monkey bar action
Trail of Tears- 1200 yards on animal trail
Crossing Over- Down in the creek and up the other side
TIREd- A few tires to manuever through
Slither on through- Slither through tires suspended in the air
Hay Fever- Square bale up and over this time
Up and Over- Rope and vertical wall
Trench Foot- Multiple trenches to get through
Low Crawl- Start out in the mud on all fours and under the ropes
On your Feet- To finish this obstacle, you get on your feet and keep moving
Who's got Tract-'ion?- Tires and mud- what can go wrong?
Fencing- 1 little fence to navigate
Through the Rabbit Hole- Enjoy a little 80 yard jog up a gulley
Spider Web- Get those legs moving up and down as you navigate the low ropes
Safe to the Finish- Nice easy jog to the finish or is it through the 100' mud pit?
When can I pick up my pre-registration packet?
- Saturday, Oct. 7th 8:00am-11:00am
- Grant County Extension Office
- Wednesday, October 4th (Guaranteed a free t-shirt if registered by September 22, 2017)
What you need to bring:
- Signed copy of event waiver
- Change of clothes
- Change of shoes/flip flops
- Money for concessions/vendors
- Bug spray/sunscreen
What to wear during the race?
- Clothes that can get dirty
- Shoes are mandatory
Will there be a place for storage of belongings?
- Storage bins will be available
- Not responsible for lost or stolen items-Leave items at your own risk
Where can I clean-up?
- Rinse station available in post-race area
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
- There is parking on site of the event
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- email email@example.com
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- Yes, bring with you a printed ticket and a completed waiver form for each participant.
- The waiver form can be found at www.fitnessforlifegc.com
What is the refund policy?
- This is a non-refundable event
Save This Event
When & Where
Fitness for Life Around Grant County
FFLAG (Fitness For Life Around Grant County) is a local coalition and 501(c)(3) organization in Grant County, KY whose mission is to educate and bring awareness to residents about physical fitness and healthy lifestyles. The FFLAG Committee determined the best way to address issues such as obesity, depression and tobacco-use was to raise awareness, partner with worksites to promote employee health, provide opportunities for citizens to improve their health and ensure that new roads, schools and neighborhoods are built with pedestrians and cyclists in mind. Over a 15 year period, FFLAG has engaged more than 2,600 people each year and raised awareness to over 24,000 residents of Grant County by providing opportunities to be physically active.
Click here to view FFLAG's website.
Thank you to our event sponsors:
Grant County Fair, Inc.
Grant County 4-H
City of Williamstown
Northern Kentucky Health Department
Grant County UK Cooperative Extension Office
Grant County Parks and Recreation