In this one-day Inspired Community Adventure, we will visit a village in Tabanan and explore Balinese culture through observing daily life and making locally produced arts. We begin our experience with a village walk where we will learn about the subak system and how the Balinese build their estates. We also visit a temple to receive a blessing. Later in the morning, we will construct daily flower offerings known as canang, try our hands at making Balinese cakes, engage in natural materials painting, roast coffee in the local fashion, plow a field with the aid of a cow, and plant rice. After a sumptuous Balinese-style lunch made by the villagers, we will work with the villagers to learn traditional Balinese music and dance.
Penarungan Village, Central Bali
0900-1000: visiting elementary school
1000-1100: Village walk (Learn about the Balinese subak system, daily life, and Balinese homes.)
Temple visit (Receive a blessing.) Observe Balinese village community life
1100-1300 :Cultural activities I
1300-1400: Cultural activities II
1400-1600: Return trip
- Full-day private transport with air-conditioning and cushioned seats
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner as well as snacks and drinks at all village stops (Most of the food will be vegetarian.)
- Facilitated intercultural dialogue with Balinese communities
- Introductory Indonesian language and Balinese customs/manners course
- Reflective dialogues and storytelling
Things to Bring
- Phone and/or camera (fully charged)
- Your own water bottle (Host community members have been requested not to provide packaged bottled water to guests but to offer refilling stations instead. If you do not have a water bottle, a container can be loaned to you.)
- Swimsuit/towel (optional)
- Curiosity and a taste for adventure
- Umbrella (It is the rainy season.)
Please meet inside the HUBUD Coworking space on Monkey Forest Road at 8:00am We will have small breakfast and coffee together before departing no later than 8:30.
This excursion is limited to 14 participants.
Cancellation policy: Should you need to cancel, please contact us phone (+6283119501359) for a full refund. Cancellations must be made 3 days before the event and no exceptions.