Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Exempt America from Obamacare
Rally at Speaker Boehner's Troy Office
Tuesday, August 27th
Prayer begins at 4pm
Rally Begins at 4:30pm
On Tuesday, August 27th, Tea Party, Pro-Family, and Christian leaders will speak with a united voice outside Speaker Boehner's district office in Troy, Ohio from 4:00-6:00 p.m. to "Pull the Plug" on Obamacare.
"If the Speaker doesn't use the power of the purse to stop Obamacare it will forever be known as 'Boehnercare.' If he funds it, he will own it," said Janet Porter, President of Faith2Action.
Speakers at the rally include:
- Former Ohio Secretary of State Ken Blackwell
- Doc Thompson of the Blaze; Ted Stevenot
- President of Ohio LIberty Coalition, an umbrella group of Ohio Tea Parties
- Mark Harrington of Created Equal; Bryan Kemper of Priests for Life
- Pro-life leader Dr. Joel Brind
- J.D. Winteregg of the Ohio Accountability Project
- Nathan Mehrens of Americans for Limited Government
- Andrew Pappas of FreedomWorks
- Councilman Bobby Phillips
- Tea Party Leaders Shannon Hartkemeyer, Sue Hardenbergh, Ralph King
- Janet (Folger) Porter of Faith2Action.
- Also speaking are pro-family leaders Bobbi Radeck, Lori Viars and Julie Busby along with Pastors Jonathan Newman, Dick Knodel, Dale Christian, and Andy Douglas.
- The original "Pull the Plug" song will also be performed at the rally.
"The Speaker needs to listen to his base instead of liberal Democrats and the media who will never support him,' said Lori Viars, Vice President of Warren County Right to Life. "Congress controls the purse strings, and Republicans control Congress. Speaker Boehner has the power to stop Obamacare; we are calling on him to use it."
"Symbolic votes against Obamacare are great, but now it's time to pull the plug on funding the monstrosity that threatens our lives and livelihoods." said Ken Blackwell.
"The citizens of Ohio have spoken loudly and clearly by passing the Healthcare Freedom Amendment: keep Obamacare out of Ohio!" added Beth Cox, of the Preble County Liberty Group.