Actions and Detail Panel
Excelling as a Manager or Supervisor
Wed, Apr 5, 2017, 9:00 AM – Thu, Apr 6, 2017, 4:00 PM CDT
Training and Development is important to the sustainability and growth of our company.
To ensure that our company continues to thrive, we have partnered with SkillPath to create a training titled “Excelling as a Manager or Supervisor”. You have been selected by your Management team to participate in this training.
Our Supervisors are critical in enhancing team effectiveness, maximizing performance as well as building a foundation for a strong company culture.
The purpose of this training is to prepare our Supervisors to meet the current people and business challenges. Today, Supervisors are challenged with the responsibility of increasing productivity, improving quality, shortening lead time, reducing cost and managing the resources to make it all happen.
In this training we will focus on our “PEOPLE” resource. The learning objectives are:
- Effectively making the leap from worker to supervisor
- How to lead instead of boss
- Boosting employee productivity, enthusiasm and commitment
- How to manage projects and priorities
- Overcoming supervisor-employee communication barriers
- Correcting problem behavior and poor performance
- How to control conflict and crisis in the workplace
- Self-management skills that win respect
- A review of avoidable legal mistakes managers often make
- Maintaining supervisory balance, avoiding time wasters and shouldering responsibility