Excel 2007 Level 4 Training
Wednesday, February 19, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST)
Harwood Heights, IL
1 Manipulating Data Using Statistical and Lookup
- Forecast GDP Using Statistical Functions
- Evaluate Sales Data Using Statistical Functions
- Analyze Stock Data Using Statistical Functions
- Mine Data Using the Lookup and Reference Functions
2 Analyzing Data Using Data Analysis Tools
- Analyze Sales Data Using Descriptive Statistics
- Analyze Time Series Data Using Exponential Smoothing
- Analyze Data Using Regression
- Identify Beta Value of a Security
- Analyze Sector Data Using Correlation and Covariance Matrix
- Optimize Stock Portfolio Using Solver
3 Working with Data Using Financial Functions
- Develop an Investment Schedule Using Financial Functions
- Make Investment Decisions Using Financial Functions
- 4 Examining Data Using Math Functions
- Analyze Sales Data Using Math Functions
- Calculate Stock Returns Using Math Functions
- Aggregate GDP Data Using Math Functions
5 Manipulating Data Using Text and Information
- Manipulate Data Using Text Functions
- Validate Data Using Information Functions
6 Working with Templates and Charts
- Create Advanced Templates
- Create Advanced Charts
7 Managing Data in Workbooks
- Retrieve and Paste Data
- Determine the Conditional Sum
- Identify Specific Data Using the Lookup Wizard
- Clean Data in Workbooks
When & Where
Training is for Methode Employees Only
Similar to training offered in the Spring of 2013, we will be offering additional training sessions in Microsoft Office Products. In addition to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, we will this time include Outlook and Project. Excel will be expanded to levels 4 and 5; level 5 Excel will be dedicated to macros and VBA.
Things to note
- We have divided the training into three sections (December, January and February). Not all class levels are available in each section; the sections progressively offer more advanced courses.
- All classes are one day (8 hours), except Access which is a full 2 days (16 hours).
- New Horizons trainers will be instructing all classes. Tom has moved out of the Chicago area and is no longer available as a trainer. We have interviewed other trainers and have select Eugene as the trainer for these training sessions.
- Some classes will be offered at Methode’s Corporate Training Room in Harwood Heights. Other classes will be offered at New Horizons in Rosemont (they have a new address).
- Training materials will be distributed at the beginning of each class.
- Laptops will be provided for each trainee.
- There is a strict limit of 15 people per class. Please register as soon as possible. If a class is full, you will have the option of wait listing that particular date and time.
- Morning start time – 9am
- Morning end time – 12:30pm
- Afternoon start time – 1:30pm
- Afternoon end time – 5pm
- Breaks – both the morning and afternoon sessions contain a 15 minute break
- What to bring to class – nothing is needed; all materials will be provided
- Computers – laptops with external mice
- Lunch - food will be provided