Actions and Detail Panel
Evolution of Cellular Networks Towards 5G from Technical & Business Perspec...
Wed, Apr 26, 2017, 9:00 AM – Thu, Apr 27, 2017, 5:00 PM Malaysia Time Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) Time
This training provides a solid overview of cellular network evolution towards 4.5G (LTE-A Pro) and 5G. In this scope, network architecture, technology and business-related aspects are overviewed not only from the technical point of view but also from the business viewpoint. Cloudification and virtualization (NFV) of network functions is discussed, together with SDN and future 5G RAN architecture and radio aspects. Business side of this training illustrates participants new data monetization opportunities coming with the network evolution as well as provide detailed presentation on IoT value chain. Recommended to anyone interested in radio communication evolution.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
Present cellular network evolution
Discuss recent operators challenges and indicate data monetization strategies
Discuss the network evolution towards 5G and aspects architectural changes
Present key concepts of NFV/SDN and network slicing aspects
Anyone who wishes to increase his/her awareness of further evolution of mobile communication technology
General knowledge about telecommunication industry is recommended
Evolution of cellular networks form 2G-GSM through LTE to 5G
- Technical and business drivers
- Network architecture evolution
- Radio interface evolution (key aspects)
- Frequency bands
Cellular network standardization – overview of key standardization organizations
Services in cellular networks – why do we need more?
- Service requirements for 3G, LTE and 5G
- Towards higher throughput, zero latency, and massive connections
- Expectations of services of 2020 (key performance aspects)
- Connected Cars
- Internet of Things
Telecommunication business evolution
- Operators challenges – how to monetize?
- Where is the dividend?
- Internet of Things – how to create a value?
- Cloud services as new revenue streams
Revolutionary changes in cellular network architecture: LTE-A Pro (4.5G) and 5G-Ready Networks
- Virtualization and Cloudification
- RAN in the Cloud
- LTE Core Network - EPC Architecture and Evolution
- NFV – Network Function Virtualization
- SDN – Software Defined Networks
- Network Slicing
- Data Center (DC)-oriented network architecture
- Disruptive technologies - High Altitude Platform Stations (HAPS)
5G Industry Update
- 5G Ecosystem update
- Expected 5G development and deployment milestones
Trainer has 12 years of experience in different positions all within telecom industry, mainly in radio domain. Currently Senior Business Expansion Manager responsible for MBB sales across the CEE and Nordic region. Years 2011-2013 – CTO advisory (Orange) and IT transition manager in the UK (various managed services projects), 2009-2011 – country manager of Polish-Finnish professional NPO consulting company, responsible for business development, project management, operations, sales and marketing in Eastern Europe. Several years of successful Telecom/NPO project and training deliveries across the globe. Also active researcher in the field of radio propagation, mobile positioning, and radio network planning, author of over 30 international conference publications and PhD holder from Finnish University.