San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Chickspeare & NoDa Brewing Company present....
Every Christmas Story Ever Told (And Then Some!)
By Michael Carleton, Jim FitzGerald, and John K. Alvarez
Directed by Joanna Gerdy
December 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18
The Show: The Grinch, Rudolph (er…Gustav), Frosty the Snowman, George Bailey, and just about every other character from holiday myths, movies and tv specials make an appearance in this hilarious comedy. Join the Chicks as they choose to retell every Christmas story ever told in less than 90 minutes rather than perform yet another tired rendition of A Christmas Carol. This fast-paced and interactive romp features holiday traditions from around the world, singalongs of every Christmas carol ever sung, and all your holiday favorites shaken up in a snow globe of Christmas cheer. And Beer.
Every Reason You Should Put This Show at the Top of Your Christmas List (And Then Some!):
- Everyone gets a cool surprise Christmas present!
- Regular opportunities to toast the season (drink!) throughout the performance
- Answers to the age-old question: “What the heck is the deal with Fruitcake?!”
- Noda Brewing Co. makes great beer. And you get to drink it while watching a great show!
- You’re just as tired of the usual holiday fare as these three actors are.
- You get a little vaudeville, a little Quickspeare, a little improv comedy, and a lot of heart in one fun holiday package.
- Did we mention The Beer?
- Participate in the Audience-wide gift exchange!
- The promise of a night to unwind and laugh away the stresses of 2016 with friends (and complete strangers who will feel like friends!)
And Finally…what other holiday show takes the whole audience on a holiday caroling bus ride – the JOY RIDE - as PART OF THE SHOW and visit BOTH NoDa Brewing Co. Taprooms?!
Audiences will gather at NoDa Brewing Co. NorthEnd (2921 N. Tryon St.) at 7PM Friday & Saturday shows, 2PM for Sunday shows & take the Joy Ride Bus to the N.Davidson St. Taproom for the performance.
Tickets: $24 Advance Sale and $28 at the door.
Join Chickspeare’s Tanya McClellan, Lane Morris, and Sheila Snow Proctor in what promises to be madcap and magical evening!
Save This Event
When & Where
Chickspeare is an all-female Shakespeare company that started performing shows in the now defunct Johnson Brewery on Central Avenue in 1998 and continued to produce shows there until the brewery sold its space in 2002. “Some of my most fond theater memories are from those early years at Johnson Beer,” said Sheila Snow Proctor, a Chickspeare Founder & Producer. Chickspeare now proudly returns to its brewery roots with performances at NoDa Brewing Company.