Farm to Table Dinner and Fashion Show
Saturday, May 21, 2016 6:00 PM- 9:30 PM
Enjoy a May Farm to Table dinner - May 21st 2016 with author Erin Axelrod, permaculture & indigo expert of Northern California Fibershed and LIFT Economy. She will share with us many of her fibershed success stories. Enjoy a reception and natural farm-to-fiber fashion show. The evening highlight will include a display of beautifully designed fiber accessories and garments by local artisans in our "Hall of Fibers".
Dinner will be prepared by the famous duo women chefs: Terra Kelly of The Hungry Pelican and Private Chef Dana Daniel. Plus, we have 1 great guy: Chef Andy Gibbs - Andy's Fish House. Our dinner will be prepared from ingredients from local owned farms paired with regional wines and local beer.
This is a fundraiser to raise awareness for Washington farming and specifically women in farming. Join us and celebrate the connection between farmers and our local fibershed.
Farm & Fiber Education Days ~ Seminars
Saturday, May 21 & Sunday May 22, 2016
9:00 AM ~ 3:30 PM
(Your ticket for the Seminars includes the Farm to Table Dinner & Fashion Show onSaturday evening.)
Farmers (and family gardeners) need education and time to learn how to better live and thrive on their farms and to secure their farming operations. To fill that need we had designed a weekend of Seminars and Hands on Workshops on Saturday and Sunday featuring educated speakers in specialty areas of farming and natural fiber production. This weekend is designed for family farms and those that seek to live a more rural life and or purchase and or use the products and food from our local farms. This is a packed weekend of ‘edu-tainment’ and great food too!
Seminars (more to come)
- Farm Equipment Good Buying Decisions and Upkeep
- Herd Nutrition ~ Choosing the Best for your Herd
- The PNW Fibershed Flax Project ~ growing flax in the NW
- Meet your processors ~ Panel of the NW fiber processors – what they do and how they do it.
- Hands on Workshops ~ Water Felting a should wrap
- Hands on Workshops ~ Loom Felting
- Dyeing Demonstration and Indigo Discussion ~ NW Plant Dyes
- Permaculture Conservation ~ The Voice of Your Soil
- Farm Fire Prevention ~ How to be prepared and what to do when it hits
- Social Media to Build your Farm Based Business
- It is YOUR business: 1 Page Business Plans, Branding vs Marketing
- Fodder is the best medicine: How to build your own fodder room
- Vendor tables of farm based products and services
- Shearing and skirting demos
- Hall of Fibers ~ Meet the Designers ~ Learn from the Pros
Erin Axelrod: LIFT Economy, Northern California Fibershed, "Success on the Farm"
David Capocci: Paca Pride Guest Ranch, Building your Fodder Room
Sharon: Mockingjay Press Social Media Farm Marketing Genius
Jerry Legard: Buchanancellers, Animal Nutrition Specialist
Olga Hamacher: Fiber Design Artisan - Hands on Workshop
(Your ticket for the Seminars includes the Farm to Table Dinner & Fashion Show)
Fibers of the World
Longneckers Alpaca and Fiber Ranch
9506 131st Ave. NE
Lake Stevens, WA 98258
Purchase tickets at www.FibersofTheWorld.com
Click on the event logo to learn more.
We request that you RSVP by .
Additional Donations per request go to the Fibershed of the Greater Northwest to support the development of our local Fibershed. Fibershed is a 501(c)3 organization (tax ID # Upon request). All or part of your gift may be tax deductible as a charitable contribution. Please check with your tax advisor.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
- Yes! You must show ID & be 21 for Wine & Beer Tasting
What can/can't I bring to the event?
- NO Dogs Please!
- Please bring warm coat & farm footware - This is an outdoor - undercover event!
Are there opportunities to sponsor this event?
- Yes! Contact us at the number or email below
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- Yes or No Enterance!
What is the refund policy?
- Cancelations MUST be received in writing by midnight May 6th 2016
- Refunds will be processed by June 30, 2016 less an administration fee of $50.00
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
- NO - Please register each ticket holder with their name and contact information.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- Marlene or Karmel call us at 888-699-2599 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Save This Event
Fibers of the World @ Longneckers Alpaca Ranch
9506 131st Avenue Northeast
Fibers of the World
Fibers of The World offers products that are natural, eco-friendly, sustainably grown, custom designed and crafted from animal fleece and natural fibers. Fibers of The World manages the Fibershed of the Greater Northwest program.
We produce events to bring the Farmshed and Fibershed community together as artisians, suppliers, and consumers; to support those who seek local, organic and natural products which will help expand our local family farms viability and their market place. Our vision is to be the 'go to' resource for people seeking farm connections by providing farm tours, education and events about the business of family farming.