Event Planning 101 Certificate Workshop - Special, Evening Edition - Atlanta
Monday, June 13, 2011 at 6:30 PM - Thursday, June 16, 2011 at 9:30 PM (EDT)
Long time, event planning professional and entrepreneur Elaina M. Whitley presents 'Event Planning 101 Certificate Workshop', an interactive course to guide you through learning all about starting and running a successful event planning business as well as the many opportunities available within the industry.
I created 'EP 101' in 2007 which has since been attended by hundreds of event professionals across the southeast region. In 2010, by popular demand via social media, I lauched 'EP 101 On Tour', and took my expertise on the road to several cities around the country. My reason for creating this workshop was due to the thousands of dollars I spent attending event planning courses and still had nnooo clue how to start my business. I am very candid about discussing my hits and misses during my 15 years(plus) in the industry. Most event planning certificate courses do not teach students how to start a business. By hosting the workshop to a group of students at one time, I am able to share loads of information about all that I have learned, at a fraction of the cost that I paid. You will leave 'EP 101' with the knowledge on how start your business and how to plan fabulous and fun events for years to come.
Please join us on June 13th, 15th & 16th from 6:30PM - 9:30PM to get started on your professional event planning journey. This is a special 3-day, weekday, evening course that I am re-introducing by popular demand for those who are not able to attend my 1 day, weekend workshop.
- What you need to do to get started in the industry
- Effectively market your events & business to your target audience
- Produce, coordinate & manage successful events (Budgets, Menu Planning, Risk Mgmt, Registration)
- Forming strategic partnerships with other event professionals
- Contracts and proposals
- Event planner education
- Event planner income
- The importance of being a busines owner
- Simple ways to get repeat clients
- Adding services to your business to create year-round revenue
Seating is extremely limited. Registration will close at event capacity. Workshop is taught to a maximum number of 6 attendees so that more hands-on training can be utilized throughout the class. Early registration is highly recommended. Walk-up/on-site registration will not be allowed.
According to former students, the information that you learn in this class is far more valuable than the cost. It is worth every dime. Learn real-life experiences from an event planning veteran.
No unregistered, accompanying guests. No small children. Suggested age is 16 years old and up. Outside food and beverages are not allowed. Food and beverages are available for sale at the venue. No recording devices of any kind will be allowed into the venue.
Registration fee includes:
- All 3 sessions/8hours of the workshop
- Wi-Fi access if you choose to bring a laptop (If you do not own a laptop, you may share with others at the workshop)
- Course Manual & Event Planning Tip Sheets
- Templates to help you get started
- 8 hour 'Certificate of Completion'
- Discount on follow-up consultation with Elaina M. Whitley for business or event planning
- 30 days of free post-workshop follow up via email for any pending questions that you may have
- Discounts for future events hosted by Enjoy Yourself Events
- Opportunity to volunteer or intern at Enjoy Yourself Events
*** The registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. ***
Day of workshop instructions:
- Please arrive between 6:00PM and 6:15PM for sign-in. Class will begin promptly at 6:30PM.
- Have picture ID & proof of registration
- Dress code - Comfortable, business casual
- Bring a sweater just in case a/c is on at the venue
- Bring laptop for assignments (venue is wi-fi ready). Laptops will not be provided at venue.
- All 3 sessions/8 hours must be attended in order to obtain your certificate. No exceptions.
- If for any reason, a session or a portion of any sessions are missed over the 3 day period, you may make-up the topic(s) at a later date during another EP 101 workshop (if space permits). Certificate of Completion will be held until that time. Refunds will not be given for missed time or
Overnight rooms are available at Cobb Galleria Inn for $55 per night. Please contact Georgette Lake at 770-435-4990 and mention Elaina Whitley and Event Planning 101 Workshop.
Elaina M. Whitley is also available for private, individual and group sessions of 'EP 101' as well as speaking engagements and event hosting. If you have a group that would like to take this workshop, 'EP 101' will come to you anywhere in the world.
When & Where
Elaina M. Whitley/Enjoy Yourself Events/Enjoy Yourself Vacations
Elaina M. Whitley is the owner/founder of Enjoy Yourself Events, an event management and entertainment firm providing Event Planning, Marketing, Public Relations, Small Business & Professional Coaching. Elaina has been in the event industry for more than 15 years & has lent her expertise to events across the country. Client event roster includes: Real Men Cook, GodzGirl Network, Sweet Auburn Festival, Taste of Atlanta, Restoration-Atlanta Flood Relief Benefit Concert and more. In addition, Enjoy Yourself Events has produced and hosted: Event Planning 101 Certificate Workshop, Networking For a Cause Thanksgiving Food Drive, We Love the Kids Holiday Toy Drive, Sweet-Touch Pamper Me Party, Its My Party Event Planning Expo, Essence Music Festival group travel, as well as a host of others including celebrity and VIP events.