European Interns' Day - "Quality internships: Ways forward" Panel debate
Friday, July 18, 2014 from 3:00 PM to 5:30 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
European Interns' Day
Following the European Interns Assembly at Place du Luxembourg at 12.30, we invite you to the
"Quality internships: Ways forward Panel" Debate
Friday 18 July 14, 15.00-17.30, European Parliament, Brussels, Jòzsef Antall 4Q1
***For registered participants, PLEASE bring your passport or ID card to enter the European Parliament's Panel debate with Commissioner Androulla Vassiliou****
What is a quality internship and why is quality important for youth employment?
What has the European Union done to help interns and is it sufficient?
How can employers design quality internships and be incentivized to do so?
A panel debate and discussion in the framework of the first ever European Interns Day and the launch of European Label for Quality Internships!
15:00 – 15:30 Registration
15:30 - 15:35 Welcome remarks
Allan Päll, Secretary General, European Youth Forum
Léa Hannaoui-Saulais, President, EPSA
- 15:35 - 15:45 Keynote speech from Commissioner Androulla Vassiliou, Commissioner for Education, Culture, Multilingualism, Sport, Media and Youth
15.45 – 16.00 Official launch of the European Label for Quality Internships and presentation of InternsGoPro & Brussels Interns NGO (B!ngo)
16.0 – 17.00 Panel Discussion, Moderator: Allan Päll, European Youth Forum
- Member of European Parliament, (tbc)
- Representative, European Commission (tbc)
- Gianpiero Lotito, CEO & Founder of FacilityLive, Ambassador for ‘e-skills for jobs 2014’ of the European Commission
- Tom Vrijens, Bureau Member, European Trade Union Confederation Youth Committee
- Malcom Hammer, Génération Précaire
- Régis Pradal, Pierre-Julien Bosser, Nicholas Wenzel, Co-founders, InternsGoPro
17.00 – 17:30 Questions to the Panel and open debate with participants
17.30 Networking drinks at Plux!