This course will help social workers feel more confident with their ability to assess for the following types of abuse or neglect- sexual, physical, emotional, educational and medical. Medical neglect will focused on addressing children with a mental illness. The ethical issues will be discussed regarding the level of psychiatric care required and the impact on ethical decisions when care takers are not in agreement with treatment.
Target audience: beginner level
Objectives: Social Workers will be able to explain:
- the 4 types of abuse or neglect
- the procedure to report alleged child abuse or neglect
- two evidenced based interventions to utilize when working with parents and children to re-engage in treatment post reporting abuse or neglect
Dates and time: November 2, 2016 2:00-4:00pm
- Part 1- 2:00 pm-2:50 pm- Overview Types of Neglect/Abuse and How to report.
- Break 2:50pm-3:00pm
- Part 2- 3:00pm- 4:00pm- Evidenced based interventions to reengage children and families