Actions and Detail Panel
Estate Planning 101 Workshop
Tue, May 2, 2017, 8:30 AM – 11:00 AM PDT
What will happen if you pass on before your spouse? And what will happen to your children, especially if they are too young to care for themselves? How will you acquire an elderly parent's assets once they've passed on without any written will lying around? If you or your loved one becomes incapacitated, who will be able to make life-altering decisions?
Don't put off estate planning because of your busy schedule, but rather, invest just two hours in our workshop to learn about how to transfer your assets to heirs while creating the smallest tax burden for them as possible. Don't be part of the 55% of Americans who don't have a will, which could mean costly court fees and legal battles.
Come learn the ins and outs of estate planning so you can live your life free of worry.
Adriana Quintero, Esq. of Lyon + Quintero Law Office, will cover the following topics:
- Federal and state estate taxes
- How to personalize your will
- When you should change your basic estate plan into a living trust
- Supplemental Needs Trust for children with special needs
- Advance Health Care Directive to appoint your healthcare agent
- Power of Attorney for finances to appoint your financial agent
- Nomination of Guardian to appoint caregivers for your children
- How to avoid going to probate court (LegalZoom estimates that probate costs American families $2 billion a year—$1.5 billion of which goes to attorney’s fees)
- Types of trusts