Following recent appointments within our tax department, we are pleased to announce that we will be hosting our inaugural Williams Giles tax evening at 5.30 pm on Wednesday 11 January 2017.
The event is completely free to attend and will provide local businesses and their owners with an opportunity to enhance their awareness of current tax issues and planning opportunities, together with a platform to network with other local businesses.
The event will consist of a joint presentation by Lesley Carrington FCCA CTA (Tax Director) and Adam Lacchin FCCA CTA (Tax Manager), followed by a Q&A session and networking.
Topics that will be covered include:
• Changes to dividend taxation and planning opportunities
• Utilisation of the interest allowance and starting rate bands
• The uses and consequences of directors’ loan accounts
• Capital expenditure and the Annual Investment Allowance
• Tax planning surrounding pension contributions
• Effective use of government approved tax schemes
• An overview of Making Tax Digital and what it could mean for your business