Actions and Detail Panel
Epilepsy Information Day Conference
Sat, March 4, 2017, 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM EST
On Saturday, March 4, 2017 from 9:00 am - 4:30 pm Epilepsy Southwestern Ontario will be hosting an Epilepsy Information Day.
This full day conference for educators, caregivers, families and those living with epilepsy, will include expert guest speakers and information sessions on a number of relevant and important topics pertaining to epilepsy. Come learn the latest on treatment, management and research in the world of epilepsy.
Registration is $25 per person, including lunch.
Subsidies available, please contact Jeremy (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
9:00 am – Registration and Community Booths
9:30 am – Opening remarks and Ontario Trillium Foundation Funding Announcement
10:30 am – Breakout session 1
- Topic 1: Common Paediatric Epilepsies, Treatments and Prognosis. Speaker: Dr. Simon Levin, Neurologist, CHWO
- Topic 2: Depression and Epilepsy. Speaker: Linda-Lee Armstrong, Canadian Mental Health Association
11:30am – Breakout session 2
- Topic 1: Epilepsy and Employment. Speaker: Carter Hammett, Manager of Employment Services, Epilepsy Toronto
- Topic 2: Epilepsy and Memory. Speaker: Dr. Susan Hayman-Abello, Clinical Neuropsychologist, Epilepsy Program, LHSC
- Topic 3: I Have Seizures….Now What? A Journey through the Medical System. Speaker: Dr. Michelle-Lee Jones, Epileptologist, Epilepsy Program, LHSC
12:30pm – Lunch and Community Booths
1:30pm – Breakout session 3
- Topic 1: Diet Therapy for Adults with Epilepsy. Speaker: Dr. Eduard Bercovici, Neurologist, Epilepsy Diet Clinic, Toronto Western Hospital
- Topic 2: Medical Cannabis in Canada. Speaker: Dr. Jonas Vanderzwan, Canadian Cannabis Clinic
- Topic 3: From Provincial Epilepsy Guidelines to Community Care. Speaker: Mary Secco, Director of Strategic Initiatives, Epilepsy Southwestern Ontario
2:30pm – Breakout session 4
- Topic 1: Ask the Experts - Paediatric Panel. Including: Brad Ferris, Nurse Case Manager, CHWO; Dr. Andrea Andrade, Neurologist, CHWO; & Tabitha Cook, Game On Project Manager & Clinic to Community Educator, Epilepsy Southwestern Ontario
- Topic 2: Ask the Experts - Adult Panel. Including: Dr. Seyed Mirsattari, Neurologist, LHSC; & Jeremy McCall, Client Services Manager, Epilepsy Southwestern Ontario.
- Topic 3: Seizures 101 for Caregivers. Speaker: Rochelle Sorzano, Clinic to Community Educator, Epilepsy Southwestern Ontario
3:30pm – What is happening in the Epilepsy Research World that I Should Know About? Speaker: Jorge Burneo, Co-Director, EpLink, the Epilepsy Research Program of the Ontario Brain Institute
4:15pm – Closing remarks