EPIC Hill Country Campout 2017
Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 12:00 PM - Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 4:00 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
It is time to get out in nature, eat some great food, drink some beer, play some games, sing some songs, make new friends, and stay up real late with Emerging Professional in Conservation.
Note: the EPIC Hill Country Campout is open to current EPIC members only. Membership can be purchased at the time you reserve your ticket.
What is included:
- Delicious meals (dinner Saturday and breakfast Sunday) and plenty of beer
- Access to a stunning Hill Country property not otherwise open to the public
- All the camping activities! REI will be hosting an outdoor class, we’ll have guided hikes of the property, s’mores will definitely be consumed, and there might even be some folks on hand with a telescope to teach us more about our night sky.
- Directions to Shield Ranch will be emailed to the happy campers the week of the campout
- Arrival time is between noon - 4pm on Saturday. Campers arriving after that time will not be able to access the property.
- BRING YOUR OWN WATER - there is not a water source at the campground, so while we will be bringing enough for cooking and cleaning, we need campers to bring their own drinking water
- Please carpool! We are camping on an environmentally sensitive property in beautiful condition thanks to a generous landowner so we do not want to have excessive amounts of car traffic on the roads and in the parking area.
What to Bring:
- Camping supplies: tent, folding chairs, sleeping bag, pillow, blanket, etc.
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Any extra beverages or snacks you may want
- A mug or cup (we’ll bring the coffee for Sunday morning)
- Swim suit (the property is on a tributary of Barton Creek)
- Frisbees, cards, dominoes, hula hoops, games, instruments, etc.
What NOT to Bring: