ELECTRIFYING PRESENTATIONS with Tom Mucciolo
This is the essence of all delivery skills, especially in stand-up environments, such as in-house seminars or any public speaking venues. The focus is on body language, gestures and movement as they relate to the delivery of an effective message, all well as on vocal tones and inflections that enhance the content. The result is a practical, easily-applied approach designed to increase the delivery skills of those who communicate to groups of any size.
UP CLOSE & PERSONAL
This takes the stand-up delivery skills and translates them to sit-down, small group presentations, one-to-one discussions. The actions of the body, when more restricted to table-top expressions, require the presenter to find ways of being more effective through the interaction with group participants, with specific attention focused on nonverbal cues.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Reduce fear and anxiety by matching physical movement to content
- Understand the value of predictability, immediacy, and openness
- Incorporate foreshadowing and other techniques for interaction
- Use gestures to direct and control attention
- Recognize common vocal problems and reduce distractions
- Develop a seamless integration of technology and delivery
- Analyze the effect of different seating arrangements in small group settings
- Realize the importance of an off-balance perspective
- Focus on nonverbal cues concerning proximity and setting
- Manage small group interaction and one-to-one situations
Tom Mucciolo, president of MediaNet, is a recognized industry expert in visual communications, business presentations and leadership skills. He has served as a skills consultant for major corporations since 1985, concentrating on the script, visuals, and delivery associated with presentations, especially electronic events. High-profile communicators, including corporate leaders, politicians, educators, physicians, lawyers, sales teams, media personalities, as well as those at any organizational level, demand his coaching expertise to enhance executive presence, improve leadership effectiveness and develop high-quality communication skills. His Electrifying Presentations seminars, seen around the world, feature Tom as the keynote speaker and have been sponsored by industry leaders and organizations such asIBM, Microsoft,Dell, In Focus Systems, and Toshiba.
Who you should bring: You, your management team, potential members, your sales team, your marketing team, and anyone in your organization who could benefit from developing both internal and external presentation skills.