Actions and Detail Panel
ENTRY - 2017 Arts in the Olives Festival - Sunday 14 May 2017
The Arts in the Olives Festival 2017 on 14 May will be our 10th Festival. Our theme is "Celebrating Ten Years of Creativity". We will be revisiting some of the most popular workshops over the ten years as well as some new ones.
The Arts in the Olives Festival is a collaboration between BADCAP-Beaudesert and District Community Arts Projects (Ass. Inc.) and the Lost World Valley community.
As always, this is a day to enjoy creativity, learn skills and take home your very own masterpiece, or simply to wander amongst the olive trees and along the peaceful riverbank enjoying the sights, sounds and tastes.
Food offerings promise to be delicious, tantalising and varied to suit all tastes.
There is an excellent music programme for 2017 featuring talented local artists and over 40 artisan stalls will again offer beautiful hand made goods and organic and home grown produce.
Music, stalls, food and wine tasting and other festival activities will occur throughout the day.
- Adult $10
- Schoolchildren $5
- Children under 5 Free
- Entry FREE if attending a workshop BOOKED ONLINE - You do not need to book an Entry Ticket for anyone who has booked a workshop online.
NOTE: Bring cash - there are NO ATMs NO EFTPOS, NO Paywave/Tap and NO MOBILE coverage at the Festival (remote location) - The last ATMS are in Beaudesert.
- Morning Classes: 9:00am-11:30am
- Afternoon Classes: 1:00pm-3:30pm
- Full day Classes: 9:00am-3:30pm (with 11.30am-1.00pm lunch break)
- A few workshops are also offered on Saturday 13 May
Following the 10 year Arts in the Olives tradition, Children's workshops will again be FREE with some requiring a small charge for materials. Booking for Children's workshops is recommended however children can drop into the workshop of their choice during the day if places are available and they pay for any cost of materials.
- Children's Workshops - FREE (+ Materials for some)
- Half day Workshops – $45.00 Full day Workshops – $80.00
- Workshop materials - $0 to $15 (depends upon workshop)
- Festival entry - FREE if attending a workshop booked online
Book workshops here - https://artsintheolives.com/
Entry to the Festival and check-in for workshops opens at 8:00am.
NOTE: The organisers reserve the right to cancel a workshop at short notice (due to illness or very low bookings, for example).
Share your experiences at the Festival:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/artsintheolives/
- Twitter: #artsinteolives
- Instagram: #artsintheolives
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
The Arts in the Olives Festival is in the beautiful Lost World Valley - a 30 minutes drive south of Beaudesert. There is NO public transport. You may be able to arrange a ride share for yourself at http://www.coseats.com/
There is free parking on site.
What should I bring into the event?
CASH: There are NO ATMs, NO EFTPOS, NO Payway/Tap and NO Mobile Phone coverage at the Festival (remote location) - The last ATMS are in Beaudesert - Please BRING CASH with you.
We have been lucky with 9 years of lovely weather - hopefully our 10th will be the same. It can still get hot in May so you should bring a good sun hat, sunscreen and water bottle (water and cool drinks will be available). You may want to bring a light blanket to lounge around in the Olive Grove or on the banks of the Albert River.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You may find what you need to know on the website https://artsintheolives.com/
If not there, then please email your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's the refund policy?
Refund policy: If you need to cancel your Entry Ticket or Workshop booking please contact the organiser email@example.com
- Entry Tickets can be refunded until 5pm Friday 12 May 2017, less the cost to the organiser of online booking (e.g. $1.50 for a $10 Adult Entry ticket).
- Full or partial refunds for workshops (less the cost to the organiser of online booking) are at the discretion of the organiser.
- A full refund (less the cost to the organiser of online booking) will be given for workshop bookings cancelled upto 2 weeks before the event.
- Request for a refund for cancellation of a booking for an undersubscribed workshop less than 2 weeks before the event will normally be declined.
- We will be operating a waitlist for any oversubscribed workshops. If you cancel your booking for an oversubscribed workshop and request a refund we will attempt to fill the workshop and if successful will provide a full or partial refund.